Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forum dedicated to helping "noobs" getting their server from A to B

3 replies to this topic

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I myself got enough competence to help out om most things related to FTB not working, mods not loading, etc

I can write it as a tutorial covering the steps needed in both windows and Linux (and eventually mac)

It there positive feedback from you guys to add such place on here that the freshest of the fresh may find in depth tutorials about the different packs, how to interpret errors, how to manually upgrade mod packs ahead of time, etc...

Very bad example:

• I downloaded the FTB launcher, but I wont start
  • Check your error message, is your java PATH no set?
  • If not set, go to "Start button" -> Right click "My Computer" - > Click "Properties" - > Click on "Advanced System Settings" - > Click "Environment Variables" - > Under "System Variables" about on the middle of your popup box, there should be some stuff under it. Find "Path", click on it and click "Edit" - > add "; C:\Program Files\java\jre7\bin" after the text that is already there, without the ""'s (Note if you have 32 bit java, the path will be "; C:\Program Files(x86)\java\jre7\bin", again omit the ""'s.
  • Restart your computer and try again.

As I said, this is a bad example, here I've assumed the phantom error that can be fixed with this method, so yours may vary.

Post your error code from anywhere you generate on inside these

[spoiler][/spoiler]

tags, or upload it to pastebin and paste a link to it, either works fine.

Edit: I'm gonna categorize and tidy this topic up tomorrow, way to late now

• Aezex likes this

Hippiecraft Community, since 2012.

Forum, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Planet Minecraft, Steam, Website

Contact us by e-mail: mail@hippiecraft.net | Support: support@hippiecraft.net

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
You can view the tutorial section here: http://ftbwiki.org/Tutorial:Main
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I agree, tutorials should probably go on the wiki. But if you think there has to be a place to post them on the forums as well, go ahead and make your case :)

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

I agree, tutorials should probably go on the wiki. But if you think there has to be a place to post them on the forums as well, go ahead and make your case :)

While tutorials do indeed go on the wiki, it seems to me that the OP was asking for a place for people to ask for help.

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users