Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Problems with Rituals and Infusion Altar

6 replies to this topic

Roadsy_

Roadsy_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • IGN:Roadsy_
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Hey guys, im relatively new to FTB, but id say im pretty good at minecraft in general, in the FTB Monsterpack im up to a tier 3 blood magic altar and to get to tier 4 i need a bound sword, i use the ritual stick thingy on a master ritual stone to get the ritual of binding blocks all in the right place, i throw in a diamond sword and try to activate it with the weak activation crystal, the red particle affects come on but nothing actually happens, no lightning no nothing.

Also i'm trying to get a silverwood wand, ive unlocked pretty much everything in the Thaumonomicon, i place down all the required items in the correspoding arcane pedestals and then place all the Phials around, sais i only need 9 in each but i just put 64 in each phial, i right click the runix maxtrix with a golden capped wand with 50 of each vis stuff in it, nothing happens, i tried with a full iron capped wooden wand and still nothing. And yes i have the silverwood in the middle below the runix matrix.

Im so bummed out about this because it took me quite a few hours to get up to doing these and now i can't, i was just wondering if anyone else has the problem ? or had this problem and new how to fix it ? 

Cheers

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

It sounds like you have the right idea, so I have no clue what could be wrong. If you post some screenshots, it would be very helpful. Otherwise I'd just be guessing.

Roadsy_

Roadsy_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Ok so i disabled the special mobs mod, and just tried the binding ritual and that worked, i dont know what i did differently, im clueless.

Now onto the infusion altar, heres a pic, i hope i just misplaced something and its an easy fix

85548f67b840a6af1a0e1ae0f4e45441.png

cheers

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

You've placed the Silverwood log as a block on top of the center pedestal, rather than putting it on the pedestal like you did the shards. Must have done shift-click, either accidentally or mistakenly.

Roadsy_

Roadsy_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

ugh i watched a video, i knew the video was an outdated version of thaumcraft but i thought it was the same infusion.. derp

thanks mate

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

You basically had it right, just instead of right-clicking the log onto the center pedestal, you shift-right-clicked it. In no version of Thaumcraft did you need to place it as a block, it should always be small and slowly spinning on the pedestal.

Roadsy_

Roadsy_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Ok cool, i got the silverwood wand core now, just about to infuse the thaumium wand caps

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users