Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

REI Map > VoxelMap Waypoints missing

5 replies to this topic

punchin

punchin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I updated from the Mindcrack Pack 8.1 to 8.2 and noticed they changed from REI map to Voxelmap and now all of my waypoints are missing. I had some very important locations saved in those coordinates. Does anybody know how to retrieve them?

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Well, the old waypoints are probably not compatible with VoxelMap, so you wouldn't be able to retrieve them with that alone. I would try reinstalling Rei's Minimap to get back the old waypoints (which may have been deleted in the update. not sure). Then change the key binds so that the buttons don't conflict, and go to those spots and replace your Rei waypoints with Voxel ones.

I'm not sure if there's some easier way to do this, but that's a solution I could think of. 

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Rei's Minimap stores your waypoint data within your minecraft folder, wherever you've chosen to install FTB. If you look in "[install directory]/minecraft/mods/rei_minimap", you should find some .points files for any worlds you've created waypoints in, unless the update deleted this folder. These are plain-text files, so just open them with your text editor of choice, and each of your waypoints, along with their coordinates in the world, will be listed. Then you can either find these coordinates by navigating with the F3 menu open and add them as new waypoints, or you could try to figure out where VoxelMap stores its waypoints and try to insert them manually (be careful, you might break something that way). I hope this helps.

edit:

VoxelMap waypoints are stored in your default vanilla Minecraft folder for some reason (on Windows: %appdata%/.minecraft/mods/VoxelMods/voxelMap), again as plain-text .points files. They have a format like

name:Foo,x:116,z:422,y:70,enabled:true,red:0.0,green:0.6313726,blue:0.80784315,suffix:,world:,dimensions:-1#0#

Rei's waypoint format is like

Baz:1519:71:159:true:12E8F7

To convert this Rei's waypoint to a Voxel waypoint, you'd get something like this:

name:Baz,x:1519,z:159,y:71,enabled:true,red:0.0,green:0.0,blue:0.0,suffix:,world:,dimensions:-1#0#

I've ignored color for now, meaning any waypoints you convert would be black, but presumably that's not a big deal and you can change that easier in-game. These were all overworld waypoints, but with some messing around you can probably figure out how nether/end/other age waypoints are formatted. Of course, I'd recommend backing up your entire save before editing any files, just to be safe.

• streak1 likes this

punchin

punchin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Yeah.. Waypoints are gone. Unless servers store them differently. Everytime I upgrade my server, I delete the Mods folder and dump the new files in. Haven't lost the waypoints till this one.

Edit: FOUND EM!! YAY!! Thank you!

ronnie

ronnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

For anyone interested in converting Rei waypoints into Voxel waypoints.

https://github.com/R...iVoxelConverter

(without doing it by hand  ;))

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

For anyone interested in converting Rei waypoints into Voxel waypoints.

https://github.com/R...iVoxelConverter

(without doing it by hand  ;))

THANK. YOU. im too lazy. lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users