Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big Reactors Problem

6 replies to this topic

Malvazar

Malvazar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:Doc_Stein
  • Modpack:Agrarian Skies

So I have no idea what is going on. I've put together a big reactor and filled it with resient ender, hooked it up to a Thermal expantion energy cell, turned it on and nothing. The reactor uses the fuel and produces waste but I don't get any power output. Am I just stupid and doing it wrong?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Is the reactor's internal energy buffer filling? Did you remember to put a Reactor Power Tap into your reactor design (and is that where your energy cell is connected)? Is the energy cell set to receive power from the appropriate side, and is its input limit greater than 0RF/t? Are you using the power faster than you're producing it (such as by powering a laser drill)?

If none of these questions are helpful, please provide screenshots of your setup.

Malvazar

Malvazar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

yep there sure is a power tap, and not the inter buffer isn't filling up (even when I have no restone energy conduite connected). There energy cell is set to receive power (i triple checked that lol) and its also set to recieve the maximume amout of input. I also tested the power consumtion idea put just hooking a cell to it by itself and still nothing. I hope that all made sence lol.

Malvazar

Malvazar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Here are the screenshots requested.2014-12-22_185902_zps9bdb1f30.png2014-12-22_185912_zpsdbd85a6b.png2014-12-22_185918_zps27af4f90.png2014-12-22_185925_zps358d7bd3.png

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

I've never used a Redstone Port in any of my reactors, does that need a signal to activate energy generation? A screenshot of the reactor controller's GUI with the reactor running would be another useful screenshot.

Malvazar

Malvazar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I figures it out! The coolent port was preventing it from working somehow, as soon as I eleminated it everthing started working fine. Not sure if bug or intended.

• Aezex likes this

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

I figures it out! The coolent port was preventing it from working somehow, as soon as I eleminated it everthing started working fine. Not sure if bug or intended.

Ah, one of those was a coolant port, yes that would do it. You only want a coolant port in your reactor if you're using it to generate Steam for use in a big reactors Turbine. You were trying to make a passively cooled reactor, but adding the coolant port makes it an actively cooled reactor which just makes steam from water, no RF.

• TehRawrz likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users