Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I just got an entire episode of Last Week Tonight as a Youtube ad...

6 replies to this topic

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Untitled_zpsjajceaaq.png

Needless to say, I did not skip this ad.

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Jesus. Wonder how much that ended up costing.

The real question is, why don't you have adblockplus?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Jesus. Wonder how much that ended up costing.

Because adblockers take away money from the people who make Youtube videos...

Also, I make Youtube videos.

EDIT:

Most of the time when an ad plays I mute it and do something else until the video plays.

• ZL123 likes this
player.me/felinoel

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Gotcha. Actually reasonable. Don't watch youtube videos enough to hate the ads. But i do use it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

Well at least it was skippable. Those 30+ sec unskippable ads are the worst, they *really* make me want to have an ad blocker on mobile.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Most of the time when an ad plays I mute it and do something else until the video plays.

Haha, sometimes when a 30-sec non-skippable add appears I duplicate the tab to see if the ad reappears (and so the time won't restart), and keep on doing that until there is no ad. Half of the time when I do that the same ad appears every single time and there is no point xD

Probably gives people even more money, huh?

Because it is EVIL.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Well at least it was skippable. Those 30+ sec unskippable ads are the worst, they *really* make me want to have an ad blocker on mobile.

Well it was only skippable because I don't skip ads, if you don't skip ads then every ad is skippable, so I don't skip the short ads but if a 10+ minute ad comes along I do skip those.

Haha, sometimes when a 30-sec non-skippable add appears I duplicate the tab to see if the ad reappears (and so the time won't restart), and keep on doing that until there is no ad. Half of the time when I do that the same ad appears every single time and there is no point xD

Probably gives people even more money, huh?

Yes, yes it does... kind of.

Youtube now pays based off of minutes watched more heavily than view count, if 5000 people watch something thirty minutes long but only 7000 minutes were watched then that pays very poorly.

player.me/felinoel

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users