Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

500k rf/t Power

4 replies to this topic

Unknnnnn

Unknnnnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • IGN:Unknnnnn
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

I really liked the idea of ender quarry fortune 3 + Speed 3, but according to most calculations - it takes around 400k rf/t to run it...

Are there any cool energy solutions that can produce that much power in this pack?

Or should I just default to big reactors for this?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

According to these numbers, a Nether Star Generator will get you about 82k RF/t, so a x8 Nether Star Generator will be right in your target zone, with ~655k RF/t. Unfortunately, with the x8 generator, a single nether star will only last just over a second. You'll also need to be using Thermal Dynamics' Cryo-stabilzed Fluxducts, as I don't know of any other power transfer system that can handle transmission at that rate.

Unknnnnn

Unknnnnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

According to these numbers, a Nether Star Generator will get you about 82k RF/t, so a x8 Nether Star Generator will be right in your target zone, with ~655k RF/t. Unfortunately, with the x8 generator, a single nether star will only last just over a second. You'll also need to be using Thermal Dynamics' Cryo-stabilzed Fluxducts, as I don't know of any other power transfer system that can handle transmission at that rate.

Yeah producing a nether star every second doesn't sound very possible. :|

P.s. Just a side question:

By the way I can't seem to find the correct tesseract description.. the ones on the wiki seem to say they only transfer 100 mj/t but they look differently from the one I have and I tested mine they transfer 40k mj/t easily. At least I didn't test them with anything higher. I was kinda curious though is that true that they lose 25% power? Or are the ones in ftb infinity don't do that?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

By the way I can't seem to find the correct tesseract description.. the ones on the wiki seem to say they only transfer 100 mj/t but they look differently from the one I have and I tested mine they transfer 40k mj/t easily. At least I didn't test them with anything higher. I was kinda curious though is that true that they lose 25% power? Or are the ones in ftb infinity don't do that?

That... is terribly old information, from Thermal Expansion 2 for Minecraft 1.4.7, when there were different Tesseracts for Items, Fluids, and Energy. The Thermal Expansion 4 Tesseract for 1.7.10 can handle all three of these things, and has no energy loss. Their maximum capacity: I'm not sure. It used to match the transfer rate of a Resonant Energy Cell at maximum output, per side, but that may have changed since 1.6.4.

Unknnnnn

Unknnnnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

That... is terribly old information, from Thermal Expansion 2 for Minecraft 1.4.7, when there were different Tesseracts for Items, Fluids, and Energy. The Thermal Expansion 4 Tesseract for 1.7.10 can handle all three of these things, and has no energy loss. Their maximum capacity: I'm not sure. It used to match the transfer rate of a Resonant Energy Cell at maximum output, per side, but that may have changed since 1.6.4.

Might need to test this further.. I'm pretty sure that they can handle over 10k rf/t per tick.

EDIT:

Just confirmed this - Tesseracts transfer over 10k rf/t... How much over, I don't know... I only tested with up to 40k rf/t. That's sending, I also tested them prior with receiving at 40k mj/t... Either way I think its safe to assume they can transfer as much as possible.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users