Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Solar panels

2 replies to this topic

Mandude86

Mandude86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

So I'm recently the proud owner of a Matter Fabricator on our server, and I'm currently using 19 advanced solar panels feeding into an MFSU with glass fibre cable to power it. I'm planning on hugely increasing the number of panels pumping power into it, but my question is if there is a limit to how many panels you can have putting power through a single glass cable. I'm using a large Solar Flower arrangement.solar flower.png

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Theoretically, there is no limit to the amount of power generating devices you can have sending power through a single line, as long as none of the packets of power you are using exceed the voltage cap. EU is measured in "packets", collections of energy that an energy generation device sends out. Every energy generation device sends out one packet per game tick where there are 20 ticks per second, with packets of varying size. The limit on the amount of power a cable can carry is not based on how much total power is flowing through the line, but based on the size of the packets that the machines attached to the line are putting out.

The short of it is, you could hook up a theoretically infinite amount of solars to your power line, and as long as you don't also hook up, say, a Fusion Reactor pumping out packets of 32,000 EU, your cable will be fine. See the wiki page on EU if you're further interested in the full mechanics.

By the way: the voltage cap on Glass Fibre Cable is 512 EU/p.

• ViperSRT3g likes this

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Mandude86

Mandude86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Fantastic. Thank you for that.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users