Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What mod lets Rubies be used to make energy crystals?

7 replies to this topic

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I noticed on some of the recipe's on the wiki that the redpower gems can be used for things like Energy and Lapitron crystals, etc. However, that recipe doesn't appear to be in Direwolf. Is it Gregtech that allows this, or is it some other mod?

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
Yes, this is caused by Gregtech altering recipes.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I think Gregtech includes his own very rare versions of rubies etc for his recipes, and Forge automatically lets you substitute the common redpower ones instead.

I'd be surprised if Greg made anything easier on purpose...

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts

I think Gregtech includes his own very rare versions of rubies etc for his recipes, and Forge automatically lets you substitute the common redpower ones instead.

That's what I found odd too. I mean granted, I think the energy scale from a MFE to an MFSU is a bit too high in IC2, and all of his Iridium recipe's probably make this advantage pointless, but it does make energy storage a ton more easier in Gregtech FTB mods. Heck, I could make a stack of Lapitron crystals right now and just use my diamond drill to go in one direction for ever. :P

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

RedSnt

RedSnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

I was a little shocked to find out about this as well. Greg and his tech. Maybe he does have a heart after all? Nahhh.

But what do I do with all these rubies? Guess I'll make that turtle army I always dreamed of having.

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts

I was a little shocked to find out about this as well. Greg and his tech. Maybe he does have a heart after all? Nahhh.

But what do I do with all these rubies? Guess I'll make that turtle army I always dreamed of having.

Yeah that's what I did, alone with using gem tools like stone ones in Vanilla minecraft. :P

BMM

BMM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

If you look in the Gregtech config file, the recipe for using rubies in energy crystals is listed under the group "cheaperrecipes".

~BMM, Grammar Nazi Forever

"Love and Tolerate" - Brony Code of Honour

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Well, I doubt it was intended. The "cheaper" recipe was intended to use Gregtech Rubies, which are as rare as emeralds. The only reason that you are allowed to use RP2 Rubies as well is because of Forge's Ore Dictionary, which considers both versions of ruby equally valuable, and as such interchangeable in any recipe that uses them. In other words, it's Forge, not Gregtech, that makes EU storage cheap.

I wouldn't be surprised if Greg disabled this in the future. After all, the recipe was originally a diamond, so something as cheap as an RP2 ruby to substitute for that could be considered OP to some people. However, as of most of his "nerfs", there will probably be some sort of config option in the case that you like it the way it is.

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users