Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Problem with Ender Storage

9 replies to this topic

Brigda

Brigda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

So we love Ultimate but we've run into a problem. We placed some ender chests, set the colors, and locked them with a diamond. Other players can open these chests and access the content *I* put in them. So they aren't just not locking, they aren't per player either. WTH? I checked the config file and it says diamond, so that wasn't the problem. Any ideas? No one on the MC forums seems to have a clue.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

They're not supposed to be per player.

Vanilla ender chests are, but the ones in ultimate are open to all players, unless of course you lock them as you said.

Make sure you're actually clicking on the latch (not just the chest) with your diamond. The latch is supposed to have a diamond colour if it is locked.

You may actually find that even if it is locked, when you open one ender-chest, all others open too allowing other players to access the inventory then. Alternatively, depending on how locking is implemented they may simply be able to craft an ender-pouch of the same colourcode and use that to access your ender-chest.

Edit: Locked and unlocked chests of the same colour don't share the same inventory.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

A personal safe seems like a good choice in your dilemma.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

Brigda

Brigda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yup, lovely diamond colored latch and everything. That's what I'm not grasping. I'm supposedly locking this thing with a diamond, I watch the clasp go from gold to diamond color, and other players can still access my contents inside it.

Make sure you're actually clicking on the latch (not just the chest) with your diamond. The latch is supposed to have a diamond colour if it is locked.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Does it show your player name at the top of the GUI when it is supposedly locked?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Yup, lovely diamond colored latch and everything. That's what I'm not grasping. I'm supposedly locking this thing with a diamond, I watch the clasp go from gold to diamond color, and other players can still access my contents inside it.

The mod is working perfectly, it's your understanding of the function that's a bit off. A diamond-'locked' Ender Chest is not meant to prevent other players from accessing it. When you use a diamond on an ender chest, it's similar to changing the color code of the chest.

If you have, for example, a red-red-red ender chest, it connects with other red-red-red ender chests. Now, if you diamond-'lock' that red-red-red ender chest, it will no longer connect to the 'unlocked' red-red-red ender chests, because now it's a red-red-red-Brigda ender chest. Anyone can still access that chest itself, but no one but you can create any new ender chests that will connect to it. Only the vanilla ender chests, or something like the personal safe, will keep your items out of the hands of other players.

• Brigda likes this

Brigda

Brigda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thank you. I wish the people writing the wikis and info on these mods were as clear as you were.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

The people writing these wikis are writing the information based on what they can determine, either by trial and error, official documentation, or reviewing source code. When something is found to be wrong it should and will be corrected.

Now that you know it works differently from what is currently documented, why not correct the page?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Thank you. I wish the people writing the wikis and info on these mods were as clear as you were.

Hmm, I thought I'd updated the wiki page a while ago with this info, but I guess I was wrong. Anyway, I've done so now, and hopefully fewer people will be misled by the new wording. Glad I could help.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Good wording Timrem, it seems pretty clear to me.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users