Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

loading tutrle programs via localy via rom\programs

9 replies to this topic

Vorg

Vorg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

You are suposed to be able to laod programs by putting them in .minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/programs/. but only the vinlla install is there.

I have FTB insatlled at C:\Games\MineCraft\Direwolf20 and it looks like the correct path is C:\Games\MineCraft\Direwolf20\minecraft\mods\ComputerCraft\lua\rom\programs. I matched the files that show in game to the files in the modpack zip and was told in the computercraft forum to unzip the folder and it should work (I tried puting them in the zip).

Un-zip the zip file and name it "ComputerCraft". When you put a script
in there it should instantly update in-game when you restart a computer,
IIRC.

I tried restarting before removing the zip and FTB complained about dupe files. So I moved the zip. I had downloaded a program from the pastebin link and renamed the file to a name without the .txt. and put it in that folder. but it still doesn't show in game.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
Typing in the "programs" command in a turtle in game didn't list your new program?
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

Vorg

Vorg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Typing in the "programs" command in a turtle in game didn't list your new program?

I hadn't tried that. I was doing a list on rom\programs. But no, That didn't show it ether. Only thing I can figure is because I am playing on a server and it has to go in the server folder, not my local which would really stink.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Yea, I'm pretty certain that it has to be on the server...

Can you not use the http function "pastebin get"?

http://www.computerc...e-via-http-api/

• RedSnt likes this

Vorg

Vorg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Then you have to keep uploading changes to pastebin as you write and test it. Need a local folder that works on multiplayer games and should be outside the rom folder so you can work with it in game.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
This is where you'd need to tinker with it in singleplayer for the time being, before uploading it to be used on SMP.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

RedSnt

RedSnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I put my scripts on turtlescripts.com. I've created a script called "getit" which auto downloads all the scripts  I usually put on my turtles, so if I make a change in the way my tunnel script work, all I need to do to update the scripts on a turtle is write getit.  

If you make an account on pastebin aren't you able to make changes to a script on pastebin without the get link changing all the time?

Vorg

Vorg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I put my scripts on turtlescripts.com. I've created a script called "getit" which auto downloads all the scripts  I usually put on my turtles, so if I make a change in the way my tunnel script work, all I need to do to update the scripts on a turtle is write getit.  

If you make an account on pastebin aren't you able to make changes to a script on pastebin without the get link changing all the time?

yes, if you have an account, you can edit them without changing the ID

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

".minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/programs/"

This directory is a vanilla directory. Try inside your Feed the Beast/Direwolf20 folder. Something like:

FTB/Direwolf20/minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/programs/

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

The opening post stated he'd already tried that.

• timrem likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users