Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Uses for Oil/Fuel in Direwolf

5 replies to this topic

Ditz

Ditz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Hi, I am currently using the DireWolf20 Modpack I have a surplus of Oil
and I am wondering if Oil/Fuel can be used for anything other than
Combustion Engines, more specifically if it can be used for Generating
EU without Gregtech because Gregtech sucks.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

From the Fuel wiki page:

A Fuel Bucket and 3 empty Fuel Cans can be placed in the Industrial Centrifuge to create 3 filled Fuel Cans. This takes 25 seconds and requires 2,500 EU. Each filled Fuel Can will generate 100,000 EU in a Generator, or 384,000 EU in a Diesel Generator. This is therefore an easy way to convert Oil/Fuel into EU.

The most efficient way to convert Fuel into EU is by burning it in a Steam Boiler. Doing so will generate a whopping 1,363,636 EU per Fuel Bucket, provided the boiler is at 100% heat capacity.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

Ditz

Ditz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Can't make Industrial Centrifuge without gregtech but that Steam boiler looks interesting if complicated

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Youtube has some great videos on steam boilers

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I also wouldn't underestimate the importance of combustion engines. While I use biogas engines running on biomas instead of fuel in combustion engines, using enderchests and endertanks to provide the power for a quarry that then teleports the resources to your base is an extremely easy way to use lots of power and get rich at the same time. Only real difference is you'll need two sets of endertanks, one to transport fuel, the other water, but it is the same idea. One tank of biomas is more than enough for the quarry to mine out a chunk, so I'm sure fuel will also do the job.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

mr_apple3421

mr_apple3421

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:mr_apple3421
Well I would really recommend using the oil/fuel on steam boilers because you can get a surplus of energy espically if you don't want to use combustion engines
  • OrangesII likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users