Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Filenames of the mods in FTB\MindCrack\minecraft\mods\

2 replies to this topic

Gumbel

Gumbel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

First post, sorry for it to be a bummer.

...but I've been kind of annoyed by the fact that starting with 8.0.x the file names of the mods in the mod folders have been stripped of their version information. Why? Because I like to update them by myself and it makes it sligthly harder for me, if the installed version of the mod is out of date.

I wonder what was the reason for this decision?

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I can't say I know the reason for why the version numbers is stripped, but you can find them when you log on and click on 'Forge Mods' and 'LiteMods'.

Hippiecraft Community, since 2012.

Forum, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Planet Minecraft, Steam, Website

Contact us by e-mail: mail@hippiecraft.net | Support: support@hippiecraft.net

Gumbel

Gumbel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack
Yeah, thanks I know. And that's what I'm doing at the moment. It was just more convenient to see the version number when copying the latest releases of the mods into the FTB mod folder as well. Since many mods are dependent on each other I just tend to download all of them without comparing if they are newer than the ones in the FTB modpack. With the original filenames in version 7, I got an overwrite message and I could skip them. Now I have to look at the filesize and delete them. It's slightly, really only very slightly more tedious for me

So after all it's not really a big issue to me, I was just wondering.

Edited by Gumbel, 09 February 2013 - 01:13 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users