Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Myscraft help.

3 replies to this topic

iwantspeed

iwantspeed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I have been trying for a day irl time to get a stable age but i seem to be getting different results each time.

Heres what i would like in the age

huge biomes standard terrain forest meeadows mushroom island biomes normal sun moon stars, normal weather, bright lighting and also villages caves and dungeons.

i have tried many combinations and keep on getting twilight forest biomes, end world gen, and also flat worlds with other biomes.

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

Put the pages in this order (I assume you also have a Clear Modifiers page to work with; if you don't, go find one):

Standard Terrain, Clear Modifiers

Forest, Meadow, Mushroom Island, Huge Biomes, Clear Modifiers

(Rising/Setting/End/Noon), (Zero/Double/Half/Normal Length), (East/South/North/West), Normal Sun, Clear Modifiers

Repeat above with Normal Moon. If you used Rising with Sun, use Setting with Moon. The same applies inversely and between End/Noon.

Repeat above with Normal Stars, using same pages as you did with Normal Moon.

Normal Weather, Bright, Villages, Caves, Dungeons, Clear Modifiers

Where many different pages are listed (with the sun/moon/stars), you can use either of those. Length modifiers are necessary to prevent instability, as are the location (rising/setting/end/noon) of the sun/moon/stars. Rising, Setting and Noon are self-explanatory. End is the polar opposite of Noon. Length modifiers dictate how long the sun/moon/stars are in the sky. Normal Length is identical to the overworld's cycle time. Zero Length freezes the sun/moon/stars in place for eternity. Direction modifiers (north/south/east/west) refer to where the sun/moon/stars rise.

If you're looking for your age to have the same daytime cycles as the overworld, use these:

Rising, Normal Length, East, Normal Sun, Clear Modifiers

Setting, Normal Length, East, Normal Moon, Clear Modifiers

Setting, Normal Length, East, Normal Stars, Clear Modifiers

And yes, all these pages are necessary for a 100% stable age. I've had fairly good results including only a zero length sun (and without a direction modifier) some other modifiers (no seas, no weather, bright) a terrain modifier and biome modifiers.

Bear in mind that good things you add such as Villages, Caves, and Dungeons will add instability to your world. You may want to consider adding Meteors, Spontaneous Explosions, Charged, etc, to counteract possible negative potion effects depending on your preferences for how instability manifests. These pages essentially divert instability into another form that is more/less manageable to the player.

Yes, you do need a clear modifiers page after Standard Terrain. This prevents bug-related instability in the version of Mystcraft that FTB presently uses.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

iwantspeed

iwantspeed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

ok i tried it exactly as said but it turned into a void world should i dump the caves/villages/dungeons?

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

Sometimes that happens to me. What you might want to try (provided you are running on a singleplayer world) is deleting the files for the age that you just generated, then re-generating it. Sometimes the age doesn't generate correctly for me the first time, so this might be your problem.

Mystcraft age files are stored in .feedthebeast/ultimate/minecraft/saves/[save file name here]/MYST-DIM[dimension ID here]. Provided you haven't generated any new ages since your last attempt, just delete the folder with the highest number at the end. Open up FTB again, then use the Descriptive Book that you already made, and it hopefully should work.

If that doesn't fix the issue, you could try simplifying, removing things until it works, then adding things back in again.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users