Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Automatic Server Backup for Linux

2 replies to this topic

Shadowkill

Shadowkill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
I was wondering if there is an automatic back up program i can use to back up the world. My server has been hacked a couple times and i really need a program that can backup the world. If anyone know's a plug in or a mod i can use to backup the world every 1-6 days that would be great.

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

If you are renting server-space, they should have an option for it. If not, contact them.

If you are running the server yourself, I'd suggest running it in a virtual machine (Such as a Linux distro within VMWare), and then restart the Virtual machine itself (not just java inside it).

This is because VMWare (as far as I can remember at least from when I used to mess with it) don't handle java memory leaks to good and keeps some of it, making the virtual machine itself leak memory. It is very simple to set up automatic restarts in VMWare.

Hippiecraft Community, since 2012.

Forum, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Planet Minecraft, Steam, Website

Contact us by e-mail: mail@hippiecraft.net | Support: support@hippiecraft.net

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack
If you're running on a linux server with shell access, I'd recommend writing a shell script to compress the server files into an archive, such as a zip or tar file and then upload it to a backup server over ftp or sftp.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users