Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iron Chains

6 replies to this topic

diceofire

diceofire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:diceofire
  • Modpack:New World Mod Pack

im looking for the iron wire, but i cant seem to find it.  Does anyone know about it?

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack
Wire? Chains are made with chainlinks: http://ftbwiki.org/Iron_Chainlink

diceofire

diceofire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Wire? Chains are made with chainlinks: http://ftbwiki.org/Iron_Chainlink

i know that but when i put the iron into craft i get chunks and not links

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

The article is unusually specific that the iron must be in the center square of a 3x3 crafting grid. Is this what you're doing? (I've not tried this modpack, so I'm just going on the wiki's info)

diceofire

diceofire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

The article is unusually specific that the iron must be in the center square of a 3x3 crafting grid. Is this what you're doing? (I've not tried this modpack, so I'm just going on the wiki's info)

yea, ive tried putting the iron in every crafting spot to no success.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

It looks like whoever started documenting this on the wiki was using an out-of-date version of the mod. To craft an Iron Chainlink, you need 2 Iron Wire, shapeless crafting. Though, since Iron Wire was what you were asking about in the first place, that's not so helpful.

To create Iron Wire, you need to craft a Threader (recipe in NEI, uses one redstone, 3 iron, and shears). Place the Threader on a wall, wait for it to go into the 'ready' position (the little arm will lower), and then hold right-click on it while holding an iron ingot. Eventually, the ingot will be consumed, and 4 Iron Wire will pop onto the ground. From there, everything should be in NEI.

diceofire

diceofire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

It looks like whoever started documenting this on the wiki was using an out-of-date version of the mod. To craft an Iron Chainlink, you need 2 Iron Wire, shapeless crafting. Though, since Iron Wire was what you were asking about in the first place, that's not so helpful.

To create Iron Wire, you need to craft a Threader (recipe in NEI, uses one redstone, 3 iron, and shears). Place the Threader on a wall, wait for it to go into the 'ready' position (the little arm will lower), and then hold right-click on it while holding an iron ingot. Eventually, the ingot will be consumed, and 4 Iron Wire will pop onto the ground. From there, everything should be in NEI.

Thank you, now i can start working on my master plan

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users