Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Applied Energistics to Power Magma Crucible Power Network

1 reply to this topic

frizzy350

frizzy350

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:Frizzy350
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hey all, I'm a first timer here but use this wiki and forum pretty extensively for information.  Please go easy on me if this has been answered before (I did a search) or is in the wrong place.  Keep in mind I'm actually using Tekkit Lite and not the FTB pack.

So here's the scoop:  I've been pumping lava from the nether into a magmatic engine network to power my base for the longest time, but the demand of lava keeps increasing and adding more pumps to the nether is not only a nuisance but adds more server lag than any of us want to deal with.  I've decided I want to start using magma crucibles to generate my own lava.  I use an Applied Energistics ME Network to manage my items and essentially I want to have an automatic and wasteless flow of Netherrack into the magma crucibles.

I'm currently thinking of hooking up an ME export bus and configure it to only export Netherrack and only when it receives a redstone signal.  Is there any way I can generate a redstone signal from the magma crucible itself, or say a relay or chest or some other storage system on the condition that more Netherrack is required?

Suggestions on how to make my idea happen are welcome, and suggestions to do this in an even easier manner would be extremely helpful!

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I've not tried, but you may be able to use a buildcraft gate to output a redstone signal on an inventory empty condition. Just make sure to disable redstone control on the magma crucible.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users