Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

adding gregtech

5 replies to this topic

willstr1

willstr1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I really want to add gregtech but I want to keep most of the other stuff (why I am not changing to unhinged). but I heard that tinkers construct is not compatible. if I disable that in editor will gregtech work(after I add it)? or will I need to do more? Thanks

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

GregTech and Tinker's Construct should be able to be run together (they patched an incompatibility that caused a crash when both were together), but with both installed, certain exploits become available. For instance, getting a Tinker's Constuct pickaxe with auto-smelt and fortune allows you to take an Iron block (worth 9 iron), mine it, and get more than 9 iron (at which point you may repeat the process). There is a config option to disable auto-smelt and fortune working together, but there may be other balance issues between the mods as well.

Regardless of whether or not you keep Tinker's Construct, when you add GregTech, you most likely will need to check for ID conflicts, and configure things appropriately.

willstr1

willstr1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

GregTech and Tinker's Construct should be able to be run together (they patched an incompatibility that caused a crash when both were together), but with both installed, certain exploits become available. For instance, getting a Tinker's Constuct pickaxe with auto-smelt and fortune allows you to take an Iron block (worth 9 iron), mine it, and get more than 9 iron (at which point you may repeat the process). There is a config option to disable auto-smelt and fortune working together, but there may be other balance issues between the mods as well.

Regardless of whether or not you keep Tinker's Construct, when you add GregTech, you most likely will need to check for ID conflicts, and configure things appropriately.

ok thanks. it seems to lock up while loading, is that just because of the ID conflict? it doesn't give me a proper error page.

badcuber

badcuber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:badcuber

I really want to add gregtech but I want to keep most of the other stuff (why I am not changing to unhinged). but I heard that tinkers construct is not compatible. if I disable that in editor will gregtech work(after I add it)? or will I need to do more? Thanks

It conflicts a little with biomes o' plenty, but its easily fixed.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

It conflicts a little with biomes o' plenty, but its easily fixed.

Would you like to say how?

badcuber

badcuber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:badcuber

Would you like to say how?

The block id's for all the BOP scythes correspond with the gears in GT, also, some of the food items in BOP conflict with high-end crafting materials in GT... Simply changing the id's for either of the mods will fix the issues.  Specifically, in my case, my conflicting id's (from BOP) were in the 20000's, and corresponded with soul manipulator, ghastlysoul manipulator, all the scythes, sunflower seeds, shroom powder, shroom salad, fruit salad, and veggie salad.  Hope this helps!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users