Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Better Looking Chests

4 replies to this topic

Ilbrec

Ilbrec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:Timinator2112
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I've only played Minecraft for a short time.  I've noticed that the wood chest usally looks pretty good but the upgrades look like crap.  If you use a texture pack other than the default, how do you get these upgrades to look better.  Is it up to the designer whether the default looks are used?  Is it an HD thing. 

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

the upgrades look like crap.

How so?!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Ilbrec

Ilbrec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:Timinator2112

Image 1 1.png is a generic copper chest.  This is from FTB Unleashed using texturepack Westeroscraft.  The chest art clashes with the texturepack theme.

Image 2 2.png is from FTB Ultimate using texturepack JSTR.  See how these conform to the texturepack theme and look nice. 

Why can't I get this in Unleashed?  Is it the author of the texturepack that didn't make changes for chest upgrades?

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

It might just be that the author of the texture pack didn't provide compatibility for Iron Chests, forgot or didn't bother to update. You could try palette-swapping a normal chest texture in paint.NET or GIMP if you are so inclined and skilled with image editing programs.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Just open up the JSTR texturepack find the image(s) containing the chest textures, then copy them into the same subdirectory structure in the Westeroscraft pack. You shouldn't need to mess with any image editing programs at all.

• fgendreau likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users