Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unleashed Crashes One fix causes another

4 replies to this topic

ProtoTypeRaavyn

ProtoTypeRaavyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Cabinutz
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Where to start, um, Alrighty I can play Ultimate with absolutely no problems what so ever. So when I went to give Unleashed a try I was very disappointed to find out I crashed all the time, so through some web surfing I found some suggestions. Executed them and have run across more problems.

So to start with the crashes I have encountered.

First of I am left handed so I use IJKL instead of WASD so all my keys are on the right side of the keyboard instead of the left. I use "p" as my inventory key, I can only use "p" to open my inv, but if I were to use it to exit it shuts down the internal server.

Now I have run across my first cotton plant and it seems to crash as I harvest/pickup the cotton.

Fixes I have tried:
  Force update
  Disable NEI mod
  Disable Dartcraft

Running as Admin

Increasing FTB to 4.0 GB

Using 64x Java
  Using the 64x bit FTB launcher

Advance Options settings

First code:
             -Xms256m -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
       Second Code:
              XX:PermSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
       Third Code
              maxPermSize

Types of crashes that occur:

Rendering Screen (Happens when I use "p' as inv key)

Blue Screen Crash report

Spoiler
Computer saved crash
Spoiler
Console Pastebin Report
   Exception Ticking World (harvesting/collecting cotton)
Spoiler

Comp Specs

• PROCESSOR - Intel® Core™ i7-740QM (1.73GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz, 6MB L3 cache)

• OPERATING SYSTEM - Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

• GRAPHICS CARD - Nvidia GTX 460M Graphics with 1.5GB GDDR5

• MEMORY - 8GB DDR3 1333MHz, 4 SODIMM Sockets, up to 8GB (4x2GB)

• HARD DRIVE - 1TB (500G 7200RPM x2) HDD (Seagate Momentus 7200.4/ST9500420AS) (Non-RAID) ; Blue-Ray Disk Combo Drive; 802.11 b/g/n (Blu-ray reader/8X DVD Super Multi drive)

Edited by ZL123, 16 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.
Fixed spoiler issue

ProtoTypeRaavyn

ProtoTypeRaavyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Um, well I don't know why the coding is putting the spoiler like that I checked it and the has the spoiler at the end like it should not a line after the first one.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Well, I can solve your 'p' problem: When an inventory is open, 'p' is the default NEI key binding for Potion, which seems to crash the game in the exact way you detailed above. Next time you open an inventory, go to the NEI options in the lower left (press 'o' if NEI is hidden), go to Controls, and re-map Potion to some key you won't be using. Then 'p' should work just fine for closing your inventory.

Do you have a crash report for harvesting the cotton?

• ProtoTypeRaavyn likes this

Dark_Heart99

Dark_Heart99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:Dark_Heart99

well, i used to not be able to play FTBunleashed or FTB at all, until i deleted java 7 which is known to cause many problems, and downgraded to java 6 the latest version. For me this enabled FTB any mod pack without crashes, if this doesn't work all you have to do is update your java again for the latest version. So the solution being to google java 6 latest update and download it after deleting everything java off your computer.

In simpler terms:

Delete evey thing java off your computer (google how to do this if you need to)

then google latest version of java 6 download

install the latest version of java 6

run FTB Unleashed for a while and see if it doesn't crash

if this helped please get back to me :)

ProtoTypeRaavyn

ProtoTypeRaavyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Well, I can solve your 'p' problem: When an inventory is open, 'p' is the default NEI key binding for Potion, which seems to crash the game in the exact way you detailed above. Next time you open an inventory, go to the NEI options in the lower left (press 'o' if NEI is hidden), go to Controls, and re-map Potion to some key you won't be using. Then 'p' should work just fine for closing your inventory.

Do you have a crash report for harvesting the cotton?

Well now, this has fixed everything, I have not been able to force the game to give me the "Exception Ticking World" again after the first two times. But I have re-enabled all mods and things are working perfectly fine (Let it be said I no longer have any double bound keys) Thank you so much for the fast and reliable responses it was greatly appreciated :)

• ZL123 likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users