Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Humble Abode

25 replies to this topic

Poll: Future for World (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I keep what I have, or start fresh?

1. Keep everything (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Start fresh (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Since this forum is brand new, I figured I'd help out by adding a little content.

This is what's currently in my FTB world. I am using Mindcrack v7, with Additional Pipes and Optifine added. I also use a customized version of Faithful, with most of the mods supported.

The seed for this world is -3380215793236842253, if you want to use it. My base is located at spawn, and a forest can be found on a river to the northeast.

A full slideshow can be found here: http://img834.images...9760954ktr.smil

It contains most of the things I have built. There are no images of either of the realms, since I haven't built anything major in them yet.

• streak1 likes this

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

Ah cool, you play Mindcrack as well. We should play together some time.

Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Yea, I guess so, but I can't get the update to work for some reason. Though, I think I told you that already.  ;)

And also, a little off topic, but would it be possible to embed that slideshow into the post? I tried using the media thing, but it just made it a link.

• streak1 likes this

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts

That would require special coding to embed that specific slideshow, or an iframe. Both of which can be potentially unsafe.

banner-13472.png
banner-25377.png

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Ah, that makes sense. I guess it's better for it to be a link than a potential tool for smart trolls to break the site with.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Since this forum is brand new, I figured I'd help out by adding a little content.

This is what's currently in my FTB world. I am using Mindcrack v7, with Additional Pipes and Optifine added. I also use a customized version of Faithful, with most of the mods supported.

The seed for this world is -3380215793236842253, if you want to use it. My base is located at spawn, and a forest can be found on a river to the northeast.

A full slideshow can be found here: http://img834.images...9760954ktr.smil

It contains most of the things I have built. There are no images of either of the realms, since I haven't built anything major in them yet.

Nice house! I like how you have separate rooms for pretty much everything, but I like to keep things close to each other and easily accessible.

It would be cool if I could join as well!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Hey, look, an update!

I've done quite a bit in my world since I posted this thread, so I decided an update was necessary. I've also killed the dragon, so now I can get the Ender ores from Gregtech.

8457748610_f309cd18ba.jpg

I thought the front room was a little too empty, so I added a lava fountain to fill the space. It worked.

8456649913_9c744a6a26.jpg

Finally got around to decorating the Portal Room (the dirt room from before). I liked the way the coke room turned out, so I used the same blocks to give it a little bit of symmetry. 

8456648957_c22145886e.jpg

If you noticed a gap in the floor from the first image, that was the entrance to my new bedroom. I didn't really have a place to put the room, so I decided to put it under the floor. The room it also the place where I am currently displaying my dragon egg, which is seen encased in xychorium blocks.

8457748892_090ba73aca.jpg

I made an edit to the enchanting area, adding pistons to block off the bookshelves for lower leveled enchantments. Each lever powers the piston directly below it.

8457749386_1c17770ea1.jpg

I also added some stuff to the machine room, adding an Industrial Centrifuge, Industrial Electrolyzer, second MFE, and made room for future machines.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

8457749248_d6bce40913.jpg

Upgraded my IBF so I can melt some more things. Behind it is a casing for a Industrial Grinder, of which I haven't gotten the materials for yet.

8456649309_6158c56235.jpg

Added a space to grow Nether Wart. Nuff said.

8457748706_f2316626a6.jpg

I decided to get into Thaumcraft, and this is the room that I made for it. So far, I have gotten past Unified Thaumic Field Theory, and I am starting to get into things like Golems and the different types of wands. 

8457812258_bdec61e601.jpg

Speaking of Thaumcraft, I have also refined my Cave Spider Spawner, and added a Brain in a Jar to catch excess the XP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's about it! The pics below are my current materials, tools, etc. I have also added a Gas Turbine to the generator room to use up the Hydrogen and Helium cells I don't want. In addition, my armor is now enchanted, and I have a few new tools/upgrades.

8457833864_25e29a6b69_m.jpg8457748490_e1bd0bc55a_m.jpg8457748454_ae389180f9_m.jpg

8457748444_4551a721ca_m.jpg8457748412_f0c4acc187_m.jpg8456649947_3dc6b8fe47_m.jpg

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Cool additions! I want to play Thaumcraft, but yet I don't want to change from Beta Pack at the moment...

...at least not in Singleplayer.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

So, I had this terrible awesome idea for intensely lagging AFKing at my spider farm. Basically, I have this program on my computer that allows me to program the buttons on my controller. So, my idea was to stand above the output and have my controller stop clicking after less than an hour constantly click the mouse for me. There were many a few major minor flaws with this plan:

1. My controller has an automatic shutoff.
  2. My lappack has a finite amount of energy in it.
  3. 8 hours of AFK time spawns a lot of mobs.

So, on the thought that the plan failed miserably worked perfectly, I stupidly left the house. I came back to the disaster area house to find 760 or so Cave Spiders below me, and some other number in the spawning area. As you would imagine, it was lagging horribly. Surprisingly, though, I didn't run out of memory, and I actually had a frame per second (I blame tiny render distance). The whole thing ended when I attempted to kill them, and they clipped through the wall and killed me, flooding the room with the escapees. Thankfully, Minecraft has this lovely feature where the mobs are reset when you die.

So, if you think you have this wonderful idea to use scripts to AFK at your XP farm, don't. It will end horribly.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Well, 

So, I had this terrible awesome idea for intensely lagging AFKing at my spider farm. Basically, I have this program on my computer that allows me to program the buttons on my controller. So, my idea was to stand above the output and have my controller stop clicking after less than an hour constantly click the mouse for me. There were many a few major minor flaws with this plan:

1. My controller has an automatic shutoff.
  2. My lappack has a finite amount of energy in it.
  3. 8 hours of AFK time spawns a lot of mobs.

So, on the thought that the plan failed miserably worked perfectly, I stupidly left the house. I came back to the disaster area house to find 760 or so Cave Spiders below me, and some other number in the spawning area. As you would imagine, it was lagging horribly. Surprisingly, though, I didn't run out of memory, and I actually had a frame per second (I blame tiny render distance). The whole thing ended when I attempted to kill them, and they clipped through the wall and killed me, flooding the room with the escapees. Thankfully, Minecraft has this lovely feature where the mobs are reset when you die.

So, if you think you have this wonderful idea to use scripts to AFK at your XP farm, don't. It will end horribly.

Well, if you have a solar helmet, the energy wont matter because it will get renewed. And, you could use a turtle with a sword to kill the mobs, and a thaumcraft brain in a jar to pick up the exp. Finally, Why were you trying to make an xp farm out of a CAVE SPIDER spawner? The turtle will fully automate it.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Also, you can use enchant books to enchant your jetpacks, electric tools, goggles of revealing, and lap pack.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Well, 

Well, if you have a solar helmet, the energy wont matter because it will get renewed. And, you could use a turtle with a sword to kill the mobs, and a thaumcraft brain in a jar to pick up the exp. Finally, Why were you trying to make an xp farm out of a CAVE SPIDER spawner? The turtle will fully automate it.

I used the cave spider spawner because I found 2 nearby each other while mining. And I didn't know that turtles were able to kill mobs for XP. Thanks for the advice. ;)

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
My server currently has an offensive turtle as the thing that attacks the mobs to kill them. The resulting XP is then stored in a Brain in a Jar. The dropped items are automatically sucked into a transposer and sent to an array of recyclers for processing. All you have to do is walk up to the brain and hit it to receive levels.
  • ZER0-0 likes this
banner-13472.png
banner-25377.png

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I used the cave spider spawner because I found 2 nearby each other while mining. And I didn't know that turtles were able to kill mobs for XP. Thanks for the advice. ;)

Just give them a sword, and they will pick up exp.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

My server currently has an offensive turtle as the thing that attacks the mobs to kill them. The resulting XP is then stored in a Brain in a Jar. The dropped items are automatically sucked into a transposer and sent to an array of recyclers for processing. All you have to do is walk up to the brain and hit it to receive levels.

Do you still have to be within 15 blocks? Or does the turtle do that for you?

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I dont know what you mean by 15 blocks

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

I dont know what you mean by 15 blocks

Normally, you would have to stand within 15 blocks of the spawner for it to spawn anything. Would you still have to do this, or does the turtle count as the player?

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Oh, yes you would. But you could make a tier 5 soul shard, and problem solved.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
Yes, the spawner is a T5 soul shard.
banner-13472.png
banner-25377.png