Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crippling bug with chunk loading and AE

1 reply to this topic

seventhsage

seventhsage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:Sayeal
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I have discovered a world crippling bug.  Playing on a multiplayer server, I set up a void age, using the following:

Plains Biome, SIngle biome, void, bright lighting, zenith, zero length, normal sun, Dark moon, Normal Stars, No weather, Star Fissure (x3), Obelisks (x3), Boundless Sky, Black (x3) Sky color.  After a bit of base building I moved my ME network across.  I build a lower floor to contain it where I would auto-process ores and the like.  I quantum linked the network with another one in overworld, as another player on the server and I were working together.  I went to set up a chunk loader to keep my side loaded when I wasn't online and such, as I had the Main Network.  I had already placed the multi-block quantum assembler (auto crafting for AE) and placed the chunk loader directly next to it, when that happened, the server kicked me off.  I logged back on and saw that it had completely destroyed everything within the chunk that the chunk loader had occupied was gone, including the entire ME network infrastructure and every item we had in there.  Screenshots of the aftermath are included.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I include the void age pages used.  The ME assembler was built so that it was a 3x3x3 internal, with 2 pattern providers and 25 crafting cpu's.  The chunk loader was back in my inventory after I respawned, so it never actually placed I think.  It was placed on the north facing side of the assembler, in the center of the 5x5 on the second block down.  Is this a known bug?

2013-09-24_08.43.25.png

2013-09-24_08.43.29.png

logfile from the point on the server, my username is Sayeal, for the relevance to the log.

2013-09-24 10:56:32 [WARNING] Sayeal moved wrongly!
2013-09-24 10:56:32 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
2013-09-24 10:56:57 [WARNING] Sayeal moved wrongly!
2013-09-24 10:58:43 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet for Sayeal/68.226.102.111: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableSetMultimap$Builder.putAll(ImmutableSetMultimap.java:227)
        at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeChunkManager.forceChunk(ForgeChunkManager.java:738)
        at codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderManager$TicketManager.addChunk(ChunkLoaderManager.java:112)
        at codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderManager$ChunkLoaderOrganiser.forceChunks(ChunkLoaderManager.java:237)
        at codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderManager$ChunkLoaderOrganiser.addChunkLoader(ChunkLoaderManager.java:184)
        at codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderManager$ChunkLoaderOrganiser.updateChunkLoader(ChunkLoaderManager.java:257)
        at codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderManager.updateLoader(ChunkLoaderManager.java:712)
        at codechicken.chunkloader.TileChunkLoader.setShapeAndRadius(TileChunkLoader.java:52)
        at codechicken.chunkloader.TileChunkLoader.activate(TileChunkLoader.java:112)
        at codechicken.chunkloader.TileChunkLoaderBase.onBlockPlacedBy(TileChunkLoaderBase.java:85)
        at codechicken.chunkloader.BlockChunkLoader.func_71860_a(BlockChunkLoader.java:119)
        at net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock.placeBlockAt(ItemBlock.java:248)
        at net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock.func_77648_a(ItemBlock.java:119)
        at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77943_a(ItemStack.java:149)
        at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73078_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:425)
        at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72472_a(NetServerHandler.java:553)
        at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet15Place.func_73279_a(SourceFile:58)
        at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:461)
        at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:134)
        at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(SourceFile:30)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:677)
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:275)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:573)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:470)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)
2013-09-24 10:58:58 [INFO] Sayeal[/68.226.102.111:56023] logged in with entity id 13980544 at (-35.41775260806165, 53.24831304256796, 22.74410250982625)
2013-09-24 10:59:29 [INFO] Sayeal lost connection: disconnect.quitting 

Can anyone tell me why it happened?  or at least what caused it, regarding which mod was responsible?  I haven't tried to reproduce it yet, I'll let you know how that goes once I do.  Still feeling a bit burned...

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

From a quick Google search, it appears to be an issue with ChickenChunks Chunk Loaders attempting to load the wrong dimension when used in Mystcraft ages. It's certainly a bug, and I'll see about reproducing it once I get home, though you may want to look through the mod's thread to see if it's been reported, or if it's perhaps already fixed in a newer version.

Edit: I say this, and then... I just had a chunk reset in the Nether, where my Ender-Thermal Pump had been running fine for days. The chunk included the pump, an Ender Tank, some liquiducts, structure pipe with gate, rednet cable, magmatic engine, and nothing else of note.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users