Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Buildcraft and Forestry Bugs

4 replies to this topic

SoldierBoy

SoldierBoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Good day, people.

Before I start, I'll have to admit, that I'm not sure if these are actually bugs, or I'm just doing something wrong.

I'm experiencing problems with Buildcraft pipes and Electrical Engines, as well the MultiFarms.

When I try to use Electircal engines to power my Forestry machines, they would usually bug out and spam the "No Fuel" error. After testing I found out, that this happens only if you try and start them with no cables connected, or after turning them off and on again, but not always. (Which is the weirdest part)

Basically, you place and engine, don't power it and turn it on. After that the block the engine was it thinks the engine is still there (I think) and cables abjacent to it look like they are connected, even if the engine is not there. In the console it says something about an Enet error, I'll post the error log later. A server restart resets the problem. Removing and replacing the engine doesn't. Sometimes this happens at random, but I'm not really sure about that.

Then I tried Power Converters, and they work and power my Forestry machines, Multifarms and pumps. I managed to get a wheat farm going, but when I changed it to a peat bog, the BC Producer refuses to power the farm. I haven't checked if the Power Converters get the same Enet error, but I will soon.

Thirdly, the Conductive Pipes just refuse to work. They actually did for a little bit. But now I cannot use any Conductive Pipes to move power from any engine or BC Producer to my machines. I need to have the engine/producer abjacent to the thing I want to power.

After 2 days of trying to figure these out, I kind of gave up, so I'm asking if anyone else is experiencing any of these problems as well.

Also, pardon me if I'm just not doing it right.

Note 1: I just tried this in single player. I placed a cable where a Solar Panel used to be, the game gave me a Energy Network Pathfinding error and closed.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2
Which mod pack are you using? Also, is the problem specific to one world?
I've had some problems with the enegry net at some point, but that was with an experimental build of IC2, also with cables connecting to air. Had to delete the world, as it was also lagging out the game quite a bit.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Thirdly, the Conductive Pipes just refuse to work. They actually did for a little bit. But now I cannot use any Conductive Pipes to move power from any engine or BC Producer to my machines. I need to have the engine/producer abjacent to the thing I want to power.

Don't forget that an engine must output into a wooden conductive pipe before the power can be transferred through any other conductive pipes. You may instead want to use Redstone Energy Conduits if you're still having problems with power pipes.

SoldierBoy

SoldierBoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I'm using Unleashed 1.1.4 for Minecraft 1.5.2, also the bugs happen on a new world as well.

But I've resolved the issues.

First of all, silly me, trying to use humus in a Peat Bog.

Second, I'm unsure, but I've tried both with and without wooden pipes (On engines and BC producers) and it didn't work.

But I've managed to find out how to fix the cable issue. I just place another piece of cable next to it, and the problem gets fixed. Also, I think you used to be able to, but now you can't power Electical Engines from their back side. And the Conductive Pipes are working properly now.

Thanks for the help.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

You definitely could power electrical engines from the back, if you can't anymore it's rather odd, as I see no reason for that change to be made.

If you're using current versions of forestry and the correct compatible version of IC2, you should consider reporting the bug to https://bitbucket.or...forestry/issues

I see there are quite a few electrical engine bugs listed, so make sure you're not duplicating an existing issue.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users