Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bees won't breed right. [Extra Bees]

25 replies to this topic

punchin

punchin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

My wife is trying to breed bees and we're not having any luck getting the Rocky line completed. We've breed Robust and Tolerant together several times. We've used up 3 oblivian frames and tried it in both plains and ocean biome. All we get is mixed breed bees. Is there something wrong with the Resilient bee? Has anybody out there been able to breed them in Forestry 2.2.8.4 and Extra Bees 1.7.0?

punchin

punchin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Found the solution. FTB-Wiki has the wrong combo. The proper one can be found here: http://wiki.feed-the...m/Resilient_Bee

It's Imperial and Robust = Resilient.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

You are able and free to fix any outdated information you find. It's only going to get updated if people do.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Found the solution. FTB-Wiki has the wrong combo. The proper one can be found here: http://wiki.feed-the...m/Resilient_Bee
It's Imperial and Robust = Resilient.

UGH, they KEEP changing those effing bees?!?!?!
How many times are they going to do this?! What is wrong with choosing one species chain and KEEPING it?!

Instead of using any wiki your best bet will be to use NEI, bee species get changed almost EVERY update and I doubt ANY wiki can keep up with that. Use NEI.

But yeah as RZ said, if you find something wrong, fix it.
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

blaurascon

blaurascon

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • IGN:BlauRascon
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

I... just... AUGH. No wonder my breeding wasn't working. :| At least I'm close to getting Imperial bees...

I heavily use this wiki's bee charts - if I can get a day or two where I'm not busy I'll scan through the page and see if I can update it.

NEI shows the breeding lines? Anything special you have to click / select / etc for them to show up? (I'm learning so much about NEI lately it's so neat)

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

I... just... AUGH. No wonder my breeding wasn't working. :| At least I'm close to getting Imperial bees...

I heavily use this wiki's bee charts - if I can get a day or two where I'm not busy I'll scan through the page and see if I can update it.

At one point I made this
http://ftbwiki.org/i...=Template:B-nav
It became outdated a week or so after I finalized it... x.x
Was horrible, took me ages to put together.

NEI shows the breeding lines? Anything special you have to click / select / etc for them to show up? (I'm learning so much about NEI lately it's so neat)

Not that I know of, just ask for the recipe of a bee and it will tell you, it doesn't work well with bees that are only bred near nodes though...
player.me/felinoel

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0

I've been working on updating bee pages, but it's a lot of work and my available time is very limited at the moment.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

I've been working on updating bee pages, but it's a lot of work and my available time is very limited at the moment.

and whenever you update it, it changes.
player.me/felinoel

ostPavel

ostPavel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1013 posts
  • IGN:ostPavel

C'est la bee

• ZL123, felinoel and dgelessus like this

My contributions || Herp derp || Out of order

blaurascon

blaurascon

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

C'est la bee

Couldn't have put it better!

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

C'est la bee

:D
--dgelessus (pm · user page · user talk · contribs · bot · fsck · mcf · mcwiki · SHUT UP)

blaurascon

blaurascon

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Not that I know of, just ask for the recipe of a bee and it will tell you, it doesn't work well with bees that are only bred near nodes though...

I checked, it does show you what bees you can breed (X + Y = Z) so it's kinda helpful.

Also just thought of something. I'd probably have to get the latest version of Forestry for this to keep it up-to-date. *headdesk*

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

I checked, it does show you what bees you can breed (X + Y = Z) so it's kinda helpful.
Also just thought of something. I'd probably have to get the latest version of Forestry for this to keep it up-to-date. *headdesk*

Watch out, recipes may change.
player.me/felinoel

blaurascon

blaurascon

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Watch out, recipes may change.

Yeah, which is what I'm considering... I want to help out, but if the recipes change really often, I don't know how much help my help would be. :s

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Yeah, which is what I'm considering... I want to help out, but if the recipes change really often, I don't know how much help my help would be. :s

You could use the NEI to check all the recipes for the latest version and help with that.
player.me/felinoel

blaurascon

blaurascon

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

You could use the NEI to check all the recipes for the latest version and help with that.

That's what I plan on doing - getting the latest version of mods and using NEI to cross-check the recipes with what's listed here and fixing anything as needed. Just need the time to do so....

I've started getting into bees again a lot on Unleashed and may start updating the bee pages themselves... red-link pages drive me insane D:

punchin

punchin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

3 words that will solve a LOT of issues. Master Apiarist Database. Grab one out of creative mode and it will give you all the combos that are in your current version.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

red-link pages drive me insane D:

I hear that.

3 words that will solve a LOT of issues. Master Apiarist Database. Grab one out of creative mode and it will give you all the combos that are in your current version.

Yeah but that was buggy in the 152wgt FTB pack... does it work right in more updated packs?
player.me/felinoel

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123

3 letters that will solve a LOT of issues, and have already been mentioned quite a few times in this thread. NEI. If it doesn't appear make it appear by pressing the 'O' button and it will give you the combos concerning a specific bee in your current version.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

3 letters that will solve a LOT of issues, and have already been mentioned quite a few times in this thread. NEI. If it doesn't appear make it appear by pressing the 'O' button and it will give you the combos concerning a specific bee in your current version.

Well when it works the Database is a lot easier to use since all the info is right there.
player.me/felinoel

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users