Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What am I doing wrong here?

37 replies to this topic

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest
So I was a bit bored waiting for a good modpack to surface and as an avid fan of RPGs I decided to give this modpack a try, who knows if I grew to like it I could help out with the current shortage of good articles written for this pack but... what do I do?

So far it seems pretty cut and dry and is just Vanilla Minecraft, other then the sporadically placed realmite which is apparently better than diamonds but is EVERYWHERE and the ungodly powerful mobs that either kill you in two hits or burn your entire house down.

I think I see what looks like a mana bar but I can't find anything to cast spells...

These gross looking armored guys who murder you with arrows in the nether but only had 100 hp so I assumed they would be easy to take down caused me to give up and make this post... at least the weird frozen dinosaur things could be lured into water to slow them down and then stay far enough away to hit them but not take any hits...?
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • IGN:xfritz5375
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

Watch some videos, almost all features are in the new dimensions.  If you want something at the beginning, try Slow's Stream, it's just this with Buildcraft and a few other mods.  But if you want to use just that pack, then craft a mysterious clock or call of the watcher.  They will spawn bosses, which give you divine shards, and you combine those with stone to get divine rock.  You then put that in a nether portal shape and you light it with a twilight clock.  Then in every dimension you get to, you mine the ore in it, and then you craft the fragments into blocks, and put the blocks in a nether portal shape.  That works until you get to augite, the black dimension.  You make a portal shaped like a diamond, and light it with dream powder.  This is the exact shape:

a  

a a 

a   a

a a 

a

a is the augite block.  In that dimension, you completely start over.  It is hard to explain, but if you look on the wiki, you will understand.  There are also many boss crystals, which work like the mysterious clock and call of the watcher.  The last dimension is dungeons of arcana.  There are many NPC's there.  The mana bar is for the weapons in that dimension, which consume it.

• ZL123 likes this

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

So I was a bit bored waiting for a good modpack to surface and as an avid fan of RPGs I decided to give this modpack a try, who knows if I grew to like it I could help out with the current shortage of good articles written for this pack but... what do I do?

So far it seems pretty cut and dry and is just Vanilla Minecraft, other then the sporadically placed realmite which is apparently better than diamonds but is EVERYWHERE and the ungodly powerful mobs that either kill you in two hits or burn your entire house down.

I think I see what looks like a mana bar but I can't find anything to cast spells...

These gross looking armored guys who murder you with arrows in the nether but only had 100 hp so I assumed they would be easy to take down caused me to give up and make this post... at least the weird frozen dinosaur things could be lured into water to slow them down and then stay far enough away to hit them but not take any hits...?

How is Realmite better than diamonds at all? Arlemite is rarer than Realmite and Rupee is rarest Overworld ore (although... apparently according to some Arlemite seems rarer than Rupee). Rupee can be used to make Bedrock, which can be used to make Bedrock tools and the Bedrock Maul. I am serious.

• xfritz5375 likes this

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

How is Realmite better than diamonds at all? Arlemite is rarer than Realmite and Rupee is rarest Overworld ore (although... apparently according to some Arlemite seems rarer than Rupee). Rupee can be used to make Bedrock, which can be used to make Bedrock tools and the Bedrock Maul. I am serious.

Realmite is more useful in the mod.  Mainly it is because it is more common than diamond, has longer durability, has the same mining level, and it is used for boss spawners.  And Arlemite is the only ore I can never find, rupee seems more common to me.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Watch some videos, almost all features are in the new dimensions. If you want something at the beginning, try Slow's Stream, it's just this with Buildcraft and a few other mods. But if you want to use just that pack, then craft a mysterious clock or call of the watcher. They will spawn bosses, which give you divine shards, and you combine those with stone to get divine rock. You then put that in a nether portal shape and you light it with a twilight clock. Then in every dimension you get to, you mine the ore in it, and then you craft the fragments into blocks, and put the blocks in a nether portal shape. That works until you get to augite, the black dimension. You make a portal shaped like a diamond, and light it with dream powder. This is the exact shape:

a
a a
a a
a a
a

a is the augite block. In that dimension, you completely start over. It is hard to explain, but if you look on the wiki, you will understand. There are also many boss crystals, which work like the mysterious clock and call of the watcher. The last dimension is dungeons of arcana. There are many NPC's there. The mana bar is for the weapons in that dimension, which consume it.

Boooooo the NPC dimension is the LAST ONE?!
AND it is where you get magic-using items?! :'c

Because it is stronger.
player.me/felinoel

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Boooooo the NPC dimension is the LAST ONE?!

All the added dimensions have several unique types of mobs, afaik.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

All the added dimensions have several unique types of mobs, afaik.

Yeah but I want the NPC dimension so I can use this mana bar, you can't cast spells until you get to the NPC dimension...
player.me/felinoel

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Yeah but I want the NPC dimension so I can use this mana bar, you can't cast spells until you get to the NPC dimension...

That dimension is not crafted with materials from previous dimensions.  You need 3 blocks of iron and two bluefire stones, which are crafted from one of the drops from the watcher (I forgot what it is called).  The portal is glitchy, so you might need to cheat in the actual portal.  I think it is something with the way the blocks are facing, but you can't tell which way they are facing, so the cheating option is easier, even though it really isn't cheating.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

That dimension is not crafted with materials from previous dimensions.  You need 3 blocks of iron and two bluefire stones, which are crafted from one of the drops from the watcher (I forgot what it is called).  The portal is glitchy, so you might need to cheat in the actual portal.  I think it is something with the way the blocks are facing, but you can't tell which way they are facing, so the cheating option is easier, even though it really isn't cheating.

Maybe I should update to a more recent version of DivineRPG then, are bluefire stones easy enough to get?
player.me/felinoel

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Maybe I should update to a more recent version of DivineRPG then, are bluefire stones easy enough to get?

You need eighteen for, and the watcher i'm pretty sure drops around four, but there is another boss, the king of scorchers, that drops more.  I don't remember much about him, but he is tough and has pretty OP attacks, and you need a silk touch pick to get redstone ore, which is used to craft a sword that i think is called the scorching sword, and i think you need 8 purple blaze around the sword.  I'm not 100% sure about the purple blaze, but i do know you need the redstone ore.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

You need eighteen for, and the watcher i'm pretty sure drops around four, but there is another boss, the king of scorchers, that drops more.  I don't remember much about him, but he is tough and has pretty OP attacks, and you need a silk touch pick to get redstone ore, which is used to craft a sword that i think is called the scorching sword, and i think you need 8 purple blaze around the sword.  I'm not 100% sure about the purple blaze, but i do know you need the redstone ore.

lol crazy, this would be a lot more fun if there were other mods to help
player.me/felinoel

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

lol crazy, this would be a lot more fun if there were other mods to help

Slow's Stream has some tech mods and DivineRPG.  And if you decide to manually add mods, IC2 is not compatible.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

IC2 is not compatible.

Why not?
player.me/felinoel

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Why not?

It always crashes.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

It always crashes.

There should be a reason for that?
player.me/felinoel

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

There should be a reason for that?

I haven't read it, but I also added a few other mods, but IC2 was the one making it crash, but if you want the log, here it is:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// On the bright side, I bought you a teddy bear!

Time: 9/5/13 8:25 PM
Description: Failed to start game

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 220 is already occupied by StevenDimDoors.mod_pocketDim.BlockDimWallPerm@5e214f2f when adding amq@5cd5c6f0
at amq.<init>(Block.java:326)
at amq.<init>(Block.java:359)
at xolova.blued00r.divinerpg.DivineRPG.load(DivineRPG.java:4758)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:153)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:676)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:207)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:458)
at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:746)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_09, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 169332160 bytes (161 MB) / 259522560 bytes (247 MB) up to 5853937664 bytes (5582 MB)
Mod Pack: CWW256 forgot to change this.
LiteLoader Mods: 5 loaded mod(s)
          - VoxelPacket version 2.0.2
          - VoxelPlayer version 0.9.6
          - Integrated Sound Packs version 1.1.1
          - VoxelMenu version 1.4.7_05
          - VoxelMap version 1.0.0
JVM Flags: 7 total; -Xms256M -Xmx5616M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:PermSize=128m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v7.26a FML v4.7.35.556 Minecraft Forge 6.6.2.534 Feed The Beast Mod Pack 21 mods loaded, 21 mods active
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
Familiars_API [Familiars API] (FamiliarsAPI.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
Backpack [Backpack] (BackPackMod.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
BiblioCraft [BiblioCraft] (BiblioCraft[v1.1.0].zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
CustomNpcs [CustomNpcs 1.4.5] (CustomNPCs_1.4.7.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
DamageIndicatorsMod [Damage Indicators] (DamageIndicators.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
Familiars_DefaultMobPack [DefaultMobPack] (DefaultFamiliarsMobs.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
DimensionalDoors [Dimensional Doors] (DimensionalDoors-1.4.7 v1.3.2.1.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
DivineRPG [DivineRPG] (DivineRPG.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
Familiars_ExtendedFamPack [ExtendedFamPack] (ExtendedFamiliarsPack.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
mod_InvTweaks [Inventory Tweaks] (InvTweaks.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
ModEditor_Jerrys Mod [Jerrys Mod] (Jerrys Mod.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
mod_Gibs [mod_Gibs] (ModDismemberment.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
Mystcraft [Mystcraft] (MystCraft.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
RPGInventoryMod [RPG Inventory Mod] (RPG Inventory.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
RPGPlusPlus [Subarakis RPG++ mod] (RPG Inventory.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
VanillaShields [Vanilla Shields Mod] (RPG Inventory.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 6530D Graphics GL version 4.1.11079 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Default
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

I'm pretty sure there's more, but i cant find it.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
Well that is MC v1.4.7...
player.me/felinoel

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 220 is already occupied by StevenDimDoors.mod_pocketDim.BlockDimWallPerm@5e214f2f when adding amq@5cd5c6f0

IC2 isn't the problem. "amq" appears to be an obfuscated class from DivineRPG, and DimensionalDoors is taking up one (or possibly more) of its block IDs. You'll have to change DimDoors' IDs to ones that aren't yet occupied by another mod.
A good way to find free block IDs is to start the pack with the default mods, open NEI's options, go to ID dump settings, and click "Dump ID Map Now". That will create a .txt file in the pack folder listing occupied IDs. Then just find a sufficient range of free IDs and allocate the DimDoors blocks to it.
  • timrem likes this

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

IC2 isn't the problem. "amq" appears to be an obfuscated class from DivineRPG, and DimensionalDoors is taking up one (or possibly more) of its block IDs. You'll have to change DimDoors' IDs to ones that aren't yet occupied by another mod.
A good way to find free block IDs is to start the pack with the default mods, open NEI's options, go to ID dump settings, and click "Dump ID Map Now". That will create a .txt file in the pack folder listing occupied IDs. Then just find a sufficient range of free IDs and allocate the DimDoors blocks to it.

It seemed like IC2 was the problem.  I didn't know what anything in the report means, so thanks for telling me that that is the problem.  And IC2 doesn't really help with anything in DivineRPG though.

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I completely forgot about one dimension, that is considered the easiest by many, but I think the yellow one is.  But the dimension is iceika, and you need snow blocks in a nether portal shape, and you light it with the twilight clock.  There are snow bricks in underground dungeons, and you need to explode those to get in, and you break the chests to get snowflakes. You use those to trade with the NPC's found there.  They are in little huts that are made of snowy bricks, but not the ones from the dungeons.  But be warned: there are mobs like wildfires from the nether that will make you ragequit hundreds of times.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users