Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Melee turtle turning into regular turtle, bug or mechanic?

Bug?

3 replies to this topic

Mostly_Awesome

Mostly_Awesome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Mostly_Awesome
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I was playing in my SP world and was about to enchant my sword when I misclicked and clicked my Melee turtle into it, it turned into a regular turtle, after testing it seems that it will only work if you have 2+ in a stack (Not sure if it's a shift + click only) I was playing FTB Unleashed v1.0.3 ; This may be fixed in future versions but i'm not great at installing mods so i'd rather not at the risk of breaking something :3 . If anybody can could they please tell me if this is a bug or... something else, even if it's a bug it can be helpful but it may be cheating to some because it's free uncrafting whereas you'd usualy have to use the uncrafting table. If this is a bug could you let me know what version it's fixed in (If it even is)

Thank you for reading and I hope I helped

somebody in anyway. :D

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-11-19_18.14.37.png
  • 2013-11-19_18.14.46.png
  • 2013-11-19_18.14.54.png
  • 2013-11-19_18.14.57.png

• Mostly_Awesome likes this

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Interesting bug, I wonder what causes it. I'd assume it's losing its 'damage value' when shift-clicked out of the stack into the table. I might play around with this when I get a chance, to see if other items act the same way, or if it's specific to ComputerCraft.

Mostly_Awesome

Mostly_Awesome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Interesting bug, I wonder what causes it. I'd assume it's losing its 'damage value' when shift-clicked out of the stack into the table. I might play around with this when I get a chance, to see if other items act the same way, or if it's specific to ComputerCraft.

Interesting idea, it may not just be ComputerCraft, I too will be testing the extent of this bug (I assume a bug as I don't see how this could be a game mechanic).

I assume, like you said it's losing its damage value so maybe it could work with other items. Havn't seen any other posts about the enchanting table removing a damage value: After a little bit of testing, Melee turtles don't have a damage value, I think it's an ID changing just one that isn't being shown like meta data (I think it's called that)The Melee and regular turtle both have the same item ID (1228, the wireless turtle also has the same ID) I tested this on all of the turtles and it shows that only a selected amount work with this; Digging, Felling, Melee and Farming turtles work with this bug, my question is why does it work with the mining turtle?  :)  

Mostly_Awesome

Mostly_Awesome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Oh and one more thing, i've tested with things like Gravi suits and quantum armour ect, it does stack but it was worth a try other than that I can't find any other items that has the same effect. thank you for your reply :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users