Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Problem installing mod

mods ftb enchant enchanting enchantview crash srashing additional mods minecraft

Best Answer kingearl81795 , 20 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

The instruction for the mod were to put the class files in the .jar file for the server but that literally did nothing.  The answer was to simply just put the zipped folder into the mods folder.  The mod also has to be installed on the singleplayer to work on multiplayer.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

kingearl81795

kingearl81795

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Beta Pack A

I have been trying to install enchant view on my own server and no matter what I do it crashes. I've tried both adding the class files to the minecraft.jar folder and adding a zipped folder to the mods folder.  This mod also won't work on my singleplayer either. Does anyone know how to install this? (I have FTB beta A if it matters)

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
<p>FTB Beta Pack A still runs on Minecraft 1.4.2. Make sure you're using a version of Enchant View that's compatible with MC 1.4.2. Other than that it might be quite possible that Enchant View just clashes with the other mods in the FTB pack, since at least one of the mods in FTB Beta A also adds its own enchants.

kingearl81795

kingearl81795

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Ok I got in on single player but my server crashes before it starts

Spoiler

I mean since I installed it with the mods on singleplayer that means that it can't be conflicting mods right?

Edited by Artsja, 19 February 2013 - 12:25 AM.
spoiler for long code + double post!

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

After some googling I found this regarding your issue.

Something in your code has a hard reference to net.minecraft.client.Minecraft
You will have to figure out what, and move that outside to a piece of code that isn't called from the server.

I don't have time to look into the Enchant View code, but looks like it's something in the code itself that's causing your problem. Unless you decide to edit the mod yourself and fix the problem, I don't think there's much you can do. Sorry.

That said, I'm no modder so I might be wrong too. But this seems pretty definitive.

kingearl81795

kingearl81795

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Don't worry I figured it out.  I just tried a bunch of different things and eventually it worked.  Thank you for your help

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
Do you mind stating what you did to solve the issue and potentially help others?
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

kingearl81795

kingearl81795

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
✓  Best Answer

The instruction for the mod were to put the class files in the .jar file for the server but that literally did nothing.  The answer was to simply just put the zipped folder into the mods folder.  The mod also has to be installed on the singleplayer to work on multiplayer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mods, ftb, enchant, enchanting, enchantview, crash, srashing, additional mods, minecraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users