Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Direwolf20 1.6.4 - Client and Console close while starting up

Best Answer timrem , 13 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

If you're on a 32-bit machine, you're S.O.L. and will only be able to play with a smaller modpack because of the limitations of 32-bit.

If you're on a 64-bit machine, uninstall Java again, and be sure to download the 64-bit version of Java.

Go to the full post »

6 replies to this topic

BIDZ180

BIDZ180

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:BIDZ180
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

The problem is as stated in the title. I choose the modpack, the console fires up, starts the expected process of loading up all the mods. The client eventually opens, and remains on the Mojang logo as the console goes through the motions. After a while of what looks like regular starting behavior, both the client (still stuck on the Mojang logo) and the console spontaneous close.

There's no crash window or anything, just a sudden and complete closing of both windows.

I can never effectively pastebin the contents of the console because it presumably closes as soon as the relevant line appears, making any pastebin useless. That's my understanding of how it works, anyway, if you think it would help I could try anyway.

The following is the most recent file in the crash-reports folder, let me know if you need anything else:

Spoiler

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

"org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated" seems to mean that your graphics card/drivers doesn't support acceleration. You should try getting the newest drivers from your graphics card manufacturer's site.

• BIDZ180 likes this

BIDZ180

BIDZ180

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

"org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated" seems to mean that your graphics card/drivers doesn't support acceleration. You should try getting the newest drivers from your graphics card manufacturer's site.

That appears to have fixed the closing of the windows when I try to open the game, thanks!.

However, attempting to open a world results in a "Minecraft has run out of memory." I'm really not the best at solving these issues, do you mind filling me in on a good way to fix that? Thanks again for the assistance, sorry to bother!

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

Try moving up the memory slider in the launcher's Options tab. If it only goes up to 1 GB, uninstalling all Java versions you may have and then reinstalling the newest one may help.

• BIDZ180 likes this

BIDZ180

BIDZ180

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Try moving up the memory slider in the launcher's Options tab. If it only goes up to 1 GB, uninstalling all Java versions you may have and then reinstalling the newest one may help.

Couldn't move it up past 1 GB, so I removed old java versions and snagged the latest. Java.com confirms that all old versions are gone and that the one I have is in fact the newest, but I still can't move it higher than 1 GB. I have no idea while I'm encountering so many issues, sorry to keep bugging you. Any ideas?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack
✓  Best Answer

If you're on a 32-bit machine, you're S.O.L. and will only be able to play with a smaller modpack because of the limitations of 32-bit.

If you're on a 64-bit machine, uninstall Java again, and be sure to download the 64-bit version of Java.

• BIDZ180 likes this

BIDZ180

BIDZ180

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I am in fact on a 64-bit machine, and your suggestion appears to have worked! Thanks to both of you for all the patience and help, I'll be sure to return if I encounter any new problems! Thanks again!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users