Discussion has been moved to the Millenaire forums.
So Millenaire is a historically accurate mod that takes cultures from the 11th century and throws them into Minecraft and has them react accordingly.
Why then does the cultures HAVE to be from our universe/timeline, why can't they be taken from a more... steampunk universe/timeline? That is the basis for my addon mod, it introduces a steampunk culture, the Saxons, and has the culture use FTB mods.
To make the addon mod useable between the different modpacks (and maybe even other modpacks), I will make the addon mod be able to have certain things removed or not, like say maybe there is a magic using village that is heavy on ThaumCrafting, that village would not be found in the version for Tech World.
I am open to suggestions and village/building design help.
The current designs will be similar to what the Testificate villagers use because... why not? They are already pretty Saxonic and introducing upgrades to them shouldn't make them too similar to the Testificate villages, ESPECIALLY with pipes and tubes and such coming out of each building lol
Ok to make this much easier I am releasing a ThaumCraft only version first. So these Saxons will be magicpunk and ThaumCraft themed buildings and villages are what is currently being discussed.
Current buildings proposed:
Town Halls (aka town power plants)
- Various charcoal farms for truly steam powered village.
- Lightning rods plus lightning inducing bees for an acceptable alternate fuel source for the steampunk era. (Apparently this doesn't work?)
- Boilers for a steam-ier steampunk.
- RP2-like volcano for geothermal steam power.
- Half grove/half log processing plant for the charcoal farms
- Terraforming building, idk why just because I guess
- Ehh individual building types don't matter much until we've come up with the village types for them I guess.
- Farming village, just one that uses tons and tons of different things you can farm
- Bee breeding village
- Mining/refinery village with quarries and macerators.
- ThaumCraft, for a magicpunk village
- RedPower only village, automated sorters and apiaries and such
- Turtle Town, just computercraft everywhere.
- Rollercoaster town, one that makes rails and places them for fun rollercoastering
- Military Village, wields mining lasers, Dr. Steel uniforms because he is the world emperor.
- Mo'Creatures town with stables, cat breeding buildings, bunny breeding buildings, aquariums, and whatnot (fun mod, might want a village for it just cause it is fun)
- UU-Matter village, maybe throw in some mycelium here and there since you can craft it with UU-matter and all of the buildings will be made out of purple wool instead of wood.