Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Saxons (FTB compatibility addon mod for Millenaire)

57 replies to this topic

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest
Discussion has been moved to the Millenaire forums.

So Millenaire is a historically accurate mod that takes cultures from the 11th century and throws them into Minecraft and has them react accordingly.
Why then does the cultures HAVE to be from our universe/timeline, why can't they be taken from a more... steampunk universe/timeline? That is the basis for my addon mod, it introduces a steampunk culture, the Saxons, and has the culture use FTB mods.
To make the addon mod useable between the different modpacks (and maybe even other modpacks), I will make the addon mod be able to have certain things removed or not, like say maybe there is a magic using village that is heavy on ThaumCrafting, that village would not be found in the version for Tech World.

I am open to suggestions and village/building design help.
The current designs will be similar to what the Testificate villagers use because... why not? They are already pretty Saxonic and introducing upgrades to them shouldn't make them too similar to the Testificate villages, ESPECIALLY with pipes and tubes and such coming out of each building lol

EDIT:
Ok to make this much easier I am releasing a ThaumCraft only version first. So these Saxons will be magicpunk and ThaumCraft themed buildings and villages are what is currently being discussed.

Current buildings proposed:
Town Halls (aka town power plants)
  • Various charcoal farms for truly steam powered village.
  • Lightning rods plus lightning inducing bees for an acceptable alternate fuel source for the steampunk era. (Apparently this doesn't work?)
  • Boilers for a steam-ier steampunk.
  • RP2-like volcano for geothermal steam power.
Buildings:
  • Half grove/half log processing plant for the charcoal farms

• Terraforming building, idk why just because I guess
  • Ehh individual building types don't matter much until we've come up with the village types for them I guess.
Village types:
  • Farming village, just one that uses tons and tons of different things you can farm
  • Bee breeding village
  • Mining/refinery village with quarries and macerators.
  • ThaumCraft, for a magicpunk village
  • RedPower only village, automated sorters and apiaries and such
  • Turtle Town, just computercraft everywhere.
  • Rollercoaster town, one that makes rails and places them for fun rollercoastering
  • Military Village, wields mining lasers, Dr. Steel uniforms because he is the world emperor.
  • Mo'Creatures town with stables, cat breeding buildings, bunny breeding buildings, aquariums, and whatnot (fun mod, might want a village for it just cause it is fun)
  • UU-Matter village, maybe throw in some mycelium here and there since you can craft it with UU-matter and all of the buildings will be made out of purple wool instead of wood.

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Well, lightning rods are very expensive with greg tech, so finding one on a village and taking it would seem too cheap.

This is a really cool idea. 

You could also have a portal village with taller buildings, faith plates and a portal feel for the packs with portal.

A thermal expansion village could be cool, with lava power and thermal expansion machines, aqueous accumulators, igneous extractors, ext.

There could be villages that are super high tech on asteroids in the end it Greg tech is installed.

Be sure to make the villages not to overpowered with good stuff.

In addition, rail villages should have steam powered trains.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

That's a great mod idea! Would it be possible to make an IC2-type village with automation, without relying on BuildCraft or any other mod, though?

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

TheLaw

TheLaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Speaking on thaumcarft. I'm not sure how to get warded glass. Ive tried researcing it with the notes and the paper notes. But I might of missed somthing?

~TheLaw

If you didn't like me, that your problem not mine.
Anything that advertises(on the side ads over whatever) causes malware or dissatisfaction BUT MINECRAFT DOESENT advertise at ALL

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Speaking on thaumcarft. I'm not sure how to get warded glass. Ive tried researcing it with the notes and the paper notes. But I might of missed somthing?

Have you gotten past Unified Thaumic Field Theory? That is a requirement.

And back to the topic, would it possible to make a type of these villages spawn specifically underground or embedded into a mountain? If so, you could do one similar to an abandoned mineshaft and make that a sort of Railcraft village. And maybe some sort of Greek/Roman themed village for the Twilight Forest?

The only downside to this mod idea is that it may make it too easy to get higher tier machines. Maybe find a way to make them unbreakable?

• ZER0-0 likes this

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I also think a village in the clouds would be cool.

Another village idea could be a village that is made of houses that are 100 percent movable with frame motors.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Well, lightning rods are very expensive with greg tech, so finding one on a village and taking it would seem too cheap.

This is a really cool idea. 

You could also have a portal village with taller buildings, faith plates and a portal feel for the packs with portal.

A
thermal expansion village could be cool, with lava power and thermal
expansion machines, aqueous accumulators, igneous extractors, ext.

There could be villages that are super high tech on asteroids in the end it Greg tech is installed.

Be sure to make the villages not to overpowered with good stuff.

In addition, rail villages should have steam powered trains.

Lightning rods would be only at the last versions of the town itself, also the player would have to supply it.

Isn't
portal still a little server-breaky? I like the portal village idea...
but I worry that people will want to use it and break their server...

I think those TE machines aren't very steampunky which was why I didn't bring them up, can you make them steampunky?

Millenaire does not work in other dimensions sadly, oh but I could do a Twilight mod themed village for the Overworld dimension.

Yes, rail based villages with steam powered trains!

That's
a great mod idea! Would it be possible to make an IC2-type village with
automation, without relying on BuildCraft or any other mod, though?

Yes it would, in fact to increase compatibility I may even have one village type for each individual mod.

Have you gotten past Unified Thaumic Field Theory? That is a requirement.

And
back to the topic, would it possible to make a type of these villages
spawn specifically underground or embedded into a mountain? If so, you
could do one similar to an abandoned mineshaft and make that a sort of
Railcraft village. And maybe some sort of Greek/Roman themed village for
the Twilight Forest?

The only downside to this mod
idea is that it may make it too easy to get higher tier machines. Maybe
find a way to make them unbreakable?

Not really... but you CAN make a mountain spawn above them.

You have to supply the items they use after the initial spawning.

I also think a village in the clouds would be cool.

Another village idea could be a village that is made of houses that are 100 percent movable with frame motors.

They may fall to their death too much... but I LIKE IT!

Make it an airship town!!!

While moveable houses would be cool, there are certain Millenaire blocks that can't move without breaking the town.

Maybe make a purple village that later on uses UU matter for everything for no real reason lol

and make something that uses bees to produce simmering combs to produce lava for geothermal energy.

player.me/felinoel

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

and make something that uses bees to produce simmering combs to produce lava for geothermal energy.

Or maybe take advantage of RP2's volcanoes and use that for geothermal energy?

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Maybe there should be a 'Feed the Beast Village' which compiles all of the mods together to make several cool contraptions using all of them.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

The thermal expansion machines can run fully off of steam engines that are powered by charchoal.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

This mod sounds like it would be awesome, but also a bit OP, especially if GregTech is installed as GregTech makes stuff like Macerators and Quarries ultra-expensive. Thus, towns that contained Macerators, Quarries etc that can be taken would easily break the game, as a player who located one would be able to "kickstart" a world without any real effort, automatically having mid- to high-tier machines without doing any mining whatsoever.

I feel like Thermal Expansion, Forestry and RedPower are all really good ideas for towns (Red Alloy Wire, Igneous Extruders/Magma Crucibles and bees that take tons of work to get anything done aren't exactly game-breaking to have early on) but perhaps it's best to have the village blocks be set to "Private" or otherwise be "locked" so that the player can interact with the village but not steal from it.

Perhaps a reputation system is in order; a player can steal machines and other high-tier things, but the villagers will know when this has occurred and they will swarm the player and attempt to kill him/her. Maybe a trading system or a Millenaire-like reputation system would be best for "purchasing" machines from the villages, such that a player can either mine or make friends with the villagers (both over long periods of time) to get materials and a good setup. Perhaps the villagers would start with minimal technology and the player could contribute technology to make friends with the villagers and, in return, receive their excess resources or spare inventions. I'm not sure, but it seems both mean and OP to just steal machines & other blocks from villages and illogical that they would just have all their technology laid out like that so that anyone could walk in and take things.

One thing's for sure, this add-on for Millenaire certainly does sound cool. When you make this, I will be downloading this and redownloading Millenaire. It's been a long time since I played Millenaire; too long, really, and though most of Millenaire is illogical, non sequitur, laggy & buggy, it's a fun mod nonetheless :)

Side note: I really like the idea of airship towns and Twilight Forest towns.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Or maybe take advantage of RP2's volcanoes and use that for geothermal energy?

That wouldn't be possible like that, but I could spawn in a new volcano with the village and pretend that they built on top of a pre-existing volcano.

Maybe
there should be a 'Feed the Beast Village' which compiles all of the
mods together to make several cool contraptions using all of them.

Essentially, that is what all of the villages would be for, but since the different modpacks have different mods in them I am forced to individualize certain mods.

This mod sounds like it would be awesome, but also a bit OP, especially if GregTech is installed as GregTech makes stuff like Macerators and Quarries ultra-expensive. Thus, towns that contained Macerators, Quarries etc that can be taken would easily break the game, as a player who located one would be able to "kickstart" a world without any real
effort, automatically having mid- to high-tier machines without doing any mining whatsoever.

Millenaire doesn't work that way, you would have to make the stuff like Macerators and them give it to them in order for the macerator to be in a building.

Also, someone in chat recommended a GregTech village! All of the buildings are made out of dirt and it requires diamonds to upgrade anything. They are all dirt farmers and all they produce is dirt.

I feel like Thermal Expansion, Forestry and RedPower are all really good ideas for towns (Red Alloy Wire, Igneous Extruders/Magma Crucibles and bees that take tons of work to get anything done aren't exactly game-breaking to have early on) but perhaps it's best to have the village blocks be set to "Private" or otherwise be "locked" so that the player can interact with the village but not steal from it.

I think I may just have the apiaries be empty, and have it coded so that the villagers spawn in the bee products, except for the exciited bees, those will be used protection and will attract lightning for some reason lol.

Perhaps a reputation system is in order; a player can steal machines and other high-tier things, but the villagers will know when this has occurred and they will swarm the player and attempt to kill him/her. Maybe a trading system or a Millenaire-like reputation system would be best for "purchasing" machines from the villages, such that a player can either mine or make friends with the villagers (both over long periods of time) to get materials and a good setup. Perhaps the villagers would start with minimal technology and the player could contribute technology to make friends with the villagers and, in return, receive their excess resources or spare inventions. I'm not sure, but it seems both mean and OP to just steal machines & other blocks from villages and illogical that they would just have all their technology laid out like that so that anyone could walk in and take things.

Certain things will of course be purchaseable, but with Millenaire money.

One thing's for sure, this add-on for Millenaire certainly does sound cool. When you make this, I will be downloading this and redownloading Millenaire. It's been a long time since I played Millenaire; too long, really, and though most of Millenaire is illogical, non sequitur, laggy & buggy, it's a fun mod nonetheless :)

Not sure how Millenaire is illogical and non sequitur..? Oh is it that one quest where someone asks you to deliver a sword to her husband when he is three blocks away from her? Other than that the logic behind Millenaire is that villages from Earth in the 11th century were transported to Minecraft. Which is why they will prefer to war with each other unless the player tells them not to.

As for laggy and buggy, Millenaire hasn't really been either of those things in like a year, especially since he completely rewrote the mod so that people with outdated computers can run Millenaire since a lot of them were complaining.

Side note: I really like the idea of airship towns and Twilight Forest towns.

Sadly there is currently a bug with Twilight Forest when being used with Millenaire...

• ZER0-0 likes this
player.me/felinoel

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Have you done any development of this mod-add on yet? I would love to test it for you.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Have you done any development of this mod-add on yet? I would love to test it for you.

Due to how customizable Millenaire is, all there is to do is design buildings in game, convert to an image file using Millenaire tools in game, write up some text files, design some skins, and you're done.

I was planning on waiting to hear some more village type ideas before starting. Plus I have an actual for the Millenaire mod itself culture I am finishing too.

player.me/felinoel

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Okay. I Have some more ideas. One is a village high up in the sky that looks like a space station. It has thaumcraft arcane levitators hidden in the floor so everyone inside floats a little bit. It would seem like areal space station in zero gravity. It could get solar power, and it could have disks, and some satilites near it.

Another idea: Caveman village. It has primitive benefits, primitive villages, primitive cave houses, it would be like the flintstones, minus most intelligence.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Does Millenaire have any compatability with the End or Nether? If so, maybe make an End Village that does stuff with the gregtech ores, and maybe something with "Ender Bees". And Maybe make another village in the nether that does stuff with the stuff added to the nether as well? 

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Okay.
I Have some more ideas. One is a village high up in the sky that looks
like a space station. It has thaumcraft arcane levitators hidden in the
floor so everyone inside floats a little bit. It would seem like areal
space station in zero gravity. It could get solar power, and it could
have disks, and some satilites near it.

Another idea:
Caveman village. It has primitive benefits, primitive villages,
primitive cave houses, it would be like the flintstones, minus most
intelligence.

I like the space station
idea, I use the Tech World modpack so idk what is in ThaumCraft so any
ThaumCraft themed ideas are appreciated. I guess the space station could
be made for several mods, like mods found in the YogCraft modpack since
that seems the most futuristic.

idk about the caveman village... what mod would that be for?

Does
Millenaire have any compatability with the End or Nether? If so, maybe
make an End Village that does stuff with the gregtech ores, and maybe
something with "Ender Bees". And Maybe make another village in the
nether that does stuff with the stuff added to the nether as well? 

Not
sure about The End, but the Nether has no ground floor and because of
this it messes with Millenaire and does not work, due to this the dev
coded it so that villages will not spawn in the Nether.

EDIT:

Apparently recent versions of Millenaire have shown capability for existing in the Nether!

Also due to how much fun I am having with ThaumCraft, I may release a thaumic-only version of this addon pack first and then add other mods later.

• ZL123 likes this
player.me/felinoel

MadCrayolaz

MadCrayolaz

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

A good idea would be that, after ranking up a village enough times, you would have access to futuristic tools, such as Nuclear Reactors managed by the villagers that will supply you energy.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Ok to make this much easier I am releasing a ThaumCraft only version first. So these Saxons will be magicpunk and ThaumCraft themed buildings and villages are what is currently being discussed.

What needs to be done first is to decide just what aspects are given to each Millenaire block.

Potential aspects include the time one, the learning one, and even the alien one since Millenaire cultures literally are from Earth according to the mod's plot.

Millenaire items can be found at the following links.

A complete list of aspects can be found here.

I'm thinking the parchments could have the knowledge aspect... but how much?

How much and what for all items. Discuss.

EDIT:
Let's start with the top of the list for Normans, that is the boudin noir which is just a pork sausage.

The sausage is worth one denier ardent which could help figure out how much aspect to give it... hmmm

Let's start instead with the deniers, which is the currency!

What aspects should the currency have? There are three coins, one is copper, one is silver, and one is gold.

64 copper coins is worth one silver, 64 silver coins is worth one gold.

They should all get the Carus aspect, maybe also Permutatio, Tempus, and Alienis.

How much should each coin type get of those aspects? How many aspects can one item have?

player.me/felinoel

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Maybe copper should have no Carus aspect, silver should have 1, and gold 64.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users