Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wireless Sorting System

- - - - -

17 replies to this topic

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

So I've been working on a new sorting system that isn't too complex or expensive to make, and this is basically what I ended up with:

20130222144422.png

Rightmost Item Tesseract is the input, sending items into the barrels via the Relay from whatever source is connected to that Tesseract. Under each barrel is a Filter (I might swap it with a Transposer to have more control, read on for more details) and on the leftmost side is the output, again via a relay. The restriction tubes I think is unnecessary, but I have them as a fail-safe so items won't go straight through the system.

20130222144441.png

Here you see the setup from behind, each Filter (or Transposer if I swap, read further on for more details) is connected to a Wireless Computer. The Computer will be programmed to send a pulse to the Filter (Transposer) whenever it gets a signal to do so.

20130222144827.png

And finally, the place you get your desired items. The plan is to program this Computer to send a signal to the corresponding Computer in the sorting system, so if you f.ex write "Cobblestone 4" (This is why I will most likely swap the Filters with Transposers, they pull one item instead of a whole stack, so you can customize much better) the Computer will tell the Computer that is hooked up to the barrel with cobblestone to pulse four times, sending four (stacks of) cobblestone into the output Tesseract and then into the chest next to the Computer via the Tesseract under the relay.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this setup? I guess its not the best system, but IMO its gonna work just fine.

Hippiecraft Community, since 2012.

Forum, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Planet Minecraft, Steam, Website

Contact us by e-mail: mail@hippiecraft.net | Support: support@hippiecraft.net

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
I like the system, but could you do something similar with liquids as well? I understand how to store them separately, but I have no idea how to sort them in one system.

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

I like the system, but could you do something similar with liquids as well? 

I guess you can, Liquiducts require a signal to send fluids, so it can be set up, however, I think it will fail if another liquid is already in the tube network (This can be avoided if you set the computers to talk to each other, checking if there is already one that is using the tubes), I would use a bunch of Liquid Tesseracts instead of sharing tubes though.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
I'd recommend attaching an ender chest along with those things to allow you to put items into the system via an ender pouch. I have a similar barrel sorting system attached to my ender chest network and it's amazing being able to just put items into the pouch and have them be automatically sorted.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

I'd recommend attaching an ender chest along with those things to allow you to put items into the system via an ender pouch. I have a similar barrel sorting system attached to my ender chest network and it's amazing being able to just put items into the pouch and have them be automatically sorted.

Yeah I'm gonna have an Ender chest on the input, also gonna have an overflow chest attached to the system as well.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Maybe make a way to separate them into groups, with the overflow of each being with it's separate group? For example, ingots go into the ingot group, and the overflow ingots go into a special chest for extra ingots.

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Maybe make a way to separate them into groups, with the overflow of each being with it's separate group?

Not necessary, I will voidpipe stuff like cobble, dirt, gravel and sand if they get full, and the other non-categorized stuff should never have time to fill the overflow chest.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

This is cool!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

TheLaw

TheLaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Ya its great! I will use this sometime.

~TheLaw

If you didn't like me, that your problem not mine.
Anything that advertises(on the side ads over whatever) causes malware or dissatisfaction BUT MINECRAFT DOESENT advertise at ALL

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Not necessary, I will voidpipe stuff like cobble, dirt, gravel and sand if they get full, and the other non-categorized stuff should never have time to fill the overflow chest.

Well, I was thinking something more along the lines of organizing any overflow into seperate chests, but after thinking about it, there wouldn't be much, so a system like that would be a bit overkill.

You know if we could get a world download. A 3D view might be easier to understand than an Image. It's simple now, but if you add more stuff, it might be hard to see and understand.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
This barrel array is very simple and easy to implement.
  • Once you store a particular item in a barrel, due to the logic of Pneumatic Tubes, items will automatically sort themselves into the appropriate barrel.
  • Underneath each of these barrels will be a Transposer or a Filter.
  • Connected to these will be a computer with a wireless modem. This will allow a mainframe computer to tell each computer how many of the item in its barrel is needed, and to send the correct number of redstone pulses to the Filter or Transposer.
  • This causes the items to be extracted from the barrel, and sent along the Pneumatic Tubing to be dispensed.
  • As you can see in the image, he has 2 Item Tesseract Cubes, and 2 Relays. One relay extracts from the Tesseract, the other extracts from the barrel array. In this way, items will move from their barrels to the output tesseract, and end up in the chest by the mainframe computer.

• Hippieshaman likes this
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

This barrel array is very simple and easy to implement.

• Once you store a particular item in a barrel, due to the logic of Pneumatic Tubes, items will automatically sort themselves into the appropriate barrel.
  • Underneath each of these barrels will be a Transposer or a Filter.
  • Connected to these will be a computer with a wireless modem. This will allow a mainframe computer to tell each computer how many of the item in its barrel is needed, and to send the correct number of redstone pulses to the Filter or Transposer.
  • This causes the items to be extracted from the barrel, and sent along the Pneumatic Tubing to be dispensed.
  • As you can see in the image, he has 2 Item Tesseract Cubes, and 2 Relays. One relay extracts from the Tesseract, the other extracts from the barrel array. In this way, items will move from their barrels to the output tesseract, and end up in the chest by the mainframe computer.

Exactly, however, I'm going to add filters on top of the barrels as well, this will allow me to empty the barrels completely without it mixing up which items go where.

I'll add a world file for you guys when I'm done with it, I will also post the computer programs.

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • IGN:xfritz5375
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack
Can you make this in unleashed?

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Can you make this in unleashed?

There's no RedPower in Unleashed...

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

You don't need redpower to do this though.

If you add "additional buildcraft objects" (available for MC1.5.2) You can just replace the pneumatic tube with insertion pipes, and use extraction pipes on the underside. An autarchic gate on each extraction pipe with a single pulser should work to extract items. The gate can be triggered using either pipewire or a redstone signal from a wireless redstone or computer as you wish.

You'll need to lay it out slightly differently to ensure pipe are seperated etc but it should work fine.

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • IGN:xfritz5375
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

There's no RedPower in Unleashed...

That was why i wanted it rebuilt to work in unleashed

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Lol... you didn't word your question very well then.

The obvious and simple answer was 'no'.

If you're wanting to do it without adding any mods at all, you could look into using factorization routers or logistics pipes, but I've no idea if they'd work.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Lol... you didn't word your question very well then.

The obvious and simple answer was 'no'.

If you're wanting to do it without adding any mods at all, you could look into using factorization routers or logistics pipes, but I've no idea if they'd work.

Logistics pipes should.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users