Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Soul shards

Best Answer Artsja , 22 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Soul Shards is not cross-compatible with Twilight Forest at the moment, so I'm pretty sure you can't, sorry.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Do soul shards work on mobs from the twilight forest?

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

SekCbeast

SekCbeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

I'm pretty sure they worked for me but i haven't tried really paid attetion to it when im killing things in Twillight.

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
✓  Best Answer

Soul Shards is not cross-compatible with Twilight Forest at the moment, so I'm pretty sure you can't, sorry.

• Viog82 likes this

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Darn. I will need to use a portal gun to move the spawners for the twilight forest guys that have iron boots and picks and melt down the drops to make my iron farm. 

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
You can use Transformation Powder to turn overworld critters into twilight forest critters. From there, you can begin a massive farm to breed them for your needs.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

That would work, but I want the guys with iron armor and boots to spawn regularly so I can melt down their tools for free iron.

Archina

Archina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I think those ones are goblins. Sounds like a good idea though. Too bad I have problems getting those kind of spawners early on as unless I'm wearing nano+, I'm normally taking tons of damage by every other mob that wants my head (Hate slime beetles so much.)

Though if you can find them, you may be able to farm the sapper goblins for enchantments too (turn their gear into ironwood ingots and re-make the armour/tools for the enchantments.)

EDIT: If you find a wraith spawner too, free glowstone! Though you can only find them in the large hollow hills So have fun getting one.

EDIT2: I also forgot. Goblins drop coal too. So see if you can find a use for that (I already have troubles thinking of what to do with the wither skeleton coal. Maybe just scrap if if need be?)

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

instead of scrapping all that coal, you may as well make an array of generators for it.

EDIT: And, you can turn coal into coal chunks, and eventually diamonds

Archina

Archina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Eh, I've pretty much already reached "creative mode" on one of my worlds. Generating EU and diamonds are hardly an issue now (Quantum with a gravisuit, a vajra and a matter fabricator continuously being fed scrap on 147kEU/t. With these things, I can just make what I want.)

It's a good idea though earlier in if you got a good way to make obsidian (Flint can easily be made. Rock breakers making cobble into a rock crusher, turning cobble into gravel and then macerated into flint.)

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

My idea is to completely automate the production of as many ingots as i can. So i will get a tier 5 Zombiepigman spawner for unlimited gold, these guys for iron, bees with simmering combs for lava and then centrifuge that for tin and copper, use tin and copper for bronze, use the coal for diamonds, 

Archina

Archina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I guess we think alike then. Gotta automate everything so we can have what we need, when we need it.

Though I do recommend you use multiple centrifuges. Those things are VERY slow and can't keep up with the lava production. I'd say get about 10 of them and hook them all up to a liquid tesseract that is pumping lava from the nether (with 1-2 redstone engines. No need to have a fast engine.)

• ZER0-0 likes this

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Yes, of course. Well, actually, I dont need to constantly produce TONS of copper and tin. I just need a constant supply.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

Two problems I can see: Redcap Goblins give ironwood instead of iron in newer versions, which can't be turned back into regular Iron, and with the Portal Gun method, I don't believe that portals can transfer items, people or blocks across dimensions. My understanding was that portal guns have one distinct set of portals for each dimension that cannot be crossed, so your goblin grinder will have to be in the Twilight Forest.

Another side note: I'm fairly certain that Wraiths spawn spontaneously within Large Hollow Hills and do not generate from spawners, as I've never found a Wraith spawner. I might be incorrect, though, as Hollow Hills have not been one of my main focuses when documenting and playing the Twilight Forest mod.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

You could always get a bunch of iron and a pumpkin and kill an Iron Golem for an Iron farm. You can use an anvil to combine a tier 5 shard of anything with an Iron Golem shard to get a Tier 5 Iron Golem shard. Then just move them through a lava blade with water and into a collection area where you can either kill them by hand or by turtle for XP, or crush them with pistons for quick iron and roses.

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

You could always get a bunch of iron and a pumpkin and kill an Iron Golem for an Iron farm. You can use an anvil to combine a tier 5 shard of anything with an Iron Golem shard to get a Tier 5 Iron Golem shard. Then just move them through a lava blade with water and into a collection area where you can either kill them by hand or by turtle for XP, or crush them with pistons for quick iron and roses.

That is a great idea, but soul shards dont work with iron golems. I tested it.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

That is a great idea, but soul shards dont work with iron golems. I tested it.

They don't...

Well, an alternative, though not very effective, would be to make a zombie spawner. Zombies sometimes drop Iron Ingots and Shovels as a rare drop. They also drop different kinds of armor as well, so it could potentially be useful. Though, if you are trying for Iron only, you may need more than one spawner, since the drop rate is pretty low.

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

Archina

Archina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Two problems I can see: Redcap Goblins give ironwood instead of iron in newer versions, which can't be turned back into regular Iron, and with the Portal Gun method, I don't believe that portals can transfer items, people or blocks across dimensions. My understanding was that portal guns have one distinct set of portals for each dimension that cannot be crossed, so your goblin grinder will have to be in the Twilight Forest.

Another side note: I'm fairly certain that Wraiths spawn spontaneously within Large Hollow Hills and do not generate from spawners, as I've never found a Wraith spawner. I might be incorrect, though, as Hollow Hills have not been one of my main focuses when documenting and playing the Twilight Forest mod.

Actually, Redcap Goblins drop iron loot. Sapper Goblins drop ironwood. As for the portal gun though, I think he means to pick up the spawner (G key) and place it in his own grinder. I know goblin spawners exist as I've seen them in hollow hills. I've just never used one for grinding as I'm normally in iron gear and want to 100% secure that hill for easy mining. So I destroy them instead.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Yes, they do drop iron loot. And, you CAN move spawners between dimensions. VintageBeef on youtube does it with minotaurs.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack
Wow.
Anyways, there is a way to make iron farms without the Twilight Forest/Soul Shard mods; it even works in Vanilla.
Just put a bunch of villagers and doors around a hole in the right formation. Iron Golems should spawn!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users