Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ichor Wand in version 1.0.16

Thaumcraft Thaumic Tinkerer ichor wand crash

No replies to this topic

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I just wanted to alert people: there's a chance (possibly a 100% chance) that, when updating from pack version 1.0.14 to 1.0.16, Ichor-based wands from Thaumic Tinkerer will cause a client-side crash whenever they are viewed. I had this happen to me, and have found another post online of the same problem. This only affects Ichor-based wands created in version 1.0.14 of the pack or earlier, as the full-Ichor wand I made after the update has functioned perfectly well. This is a client-side crash-to-desktop, and had no impact on the SMP server I run.

In my case, I was lucky enough to have the wand in a chest, not on my person. Whenever I opened the chest, I would crash to desktop. I was able to isolate the wand using a vanilla hopper pointed at nothing, with 4 of the 5 slots filled with junk (I chose dirt), and placing the chest containing the wand on top via portal gun. Items from the chest entered the hopper one-by-one, where I was able to recover them manually, until the wand was in the hopper and I crashed again. Returning, I was able to access the chest again since it no longer contained the wand, and so was able to recover all my things besides the wand itself. I cheated in a new wand, or rather, the caps and core for a new wand, since the completed Ichorwand was not in NEI. I also had to re-research Ichor Caps and the Ichorcloth-Strapped Wand Core.

In conclusion: definitely make a backup of your world before updating to 1.0.16, since some of the Thaumcraft 4.1 transition is apparently unstable. (I think all existing Thaumcraft mobs were deleted too, but not golems, and my Pech in safari nets are now bugged, but new ones spawn normally) If you update and have this crash, it will be easy for you to revert to the backup and destroy the ichorwand before updating again. If you've already updated without making a backup, hopefully my procedure will help you recover some of your things. If you had your wand in something like an Item Frame and have updated without a backup... I wish you luck.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thaumcraft, Thaumic Tinkerer, ichor wand, crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users