Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pages for upcoming Xycraft Items?

xycraftnew upcoming

Best Answer Artsja , 28 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

It might make sense to add these blocks directly to the Xycraft nav. I would either add them in a separate column just for NYI items (like 'Blocks', 'Items', 'Other'), or have them in already existing columns (inside 'Blocks', 'Items', 'Other') as a separate sub-group (like the sub-group 'tools' here).

In addition to that, you could add a category like [[Category:Not Yet Implemented]] to each article to allow people to navigate NYI items from all mods.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

TheGamingWyvern

TheGamingWyvern

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

I have been following DireWolf20, as well as a couple of other videos, that contain spoilers for different mods, most prominently Xycraft. I was wondering if it was against the wiki rules to post pages of known information about these before they become released to the public (as well as if anyone would actually care to have these pages in place for when the update *does* actually come out). Obviously I would make sure to state that the block/item is not currently out, but I am thinking it might still be confusing.

I do notice that in the rules it says "no speculation," and I am not certain whether what I have suggested would be considered speculation. I am new to editing wikis, so any help would be appreciated.

• ViperSRT3g likes this

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hey there!

I have not seen the videos you speak of, but if the content discussed is confirmed and it is verified that these things will definitely be added to XyCraft (and subsequently to FTB) and that they are not just considered features, then absolutely go for it. We definitely appreciate all new and up-to-date content added to the wiki. As long as you make it clear that the article is about content which is not yet implemented and add sources, it's all good. "Speculation" in this case refers to stating unverifiable information or possibilities as definite future events.

If there's any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Thanks, and hope to see you around!

~Artsja

• TheGamingWyvern likes this

gerbalb

gerbalb

• Administrators
  • 17 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack
We should probably have a {{NYI}} or {{Planned}} template we can use on pages or sections in question, just to make it abundantly clear.
  • Artsja likes this

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

We should probably have a {{NYI}} or {{Planned}} template we can use on pages or sections in question, just to make it abundantly clear.

That's a very good idea. I quickly threw together a {{NYI}} template over here. :) Feel free to make any stylistic changes to it.

• streak1 likes this

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I have been following DireWolf20, as well as a couple of other videos, that contain spoilers for different mods, most prominently Xycraft. I was wondering if it was against the wiki rules to post pages of known information about these before they become released to the public (as well as if anyone would actually care to have these pages in place for when the update *does* actually come out). Obviously I would make sure to state that the block/item is not currently out, but I am thinking it might still be confusing.

I do notice that in the rules it says "no speculation," and I am not certain whether what I have suggested would be considered speculation. I am new to editing wikis, so any help would be appreciated.

I am very impressed that you read the rules. :)

Many people don't.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

TheLaw

TheLaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Well unlike any other wiki, The rule are only one page. Like mine craft forums are like 41 pages or something.

~TheLaw

If you didn't like me, that your problem not mine.
Anything that advertises(on the side ads over whatever) causes malware or dissatisfaction BUT MINECRAFT DOESENT advertise at ALL

gerbalb

gerbalb

• Administrators
  • 17 posts
I've changed the wording in the NYI template a bit and added a descriptive/definition page here. Let me know what ya'll think.

TheGamingWyvern

TheGamingWyvern

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Well, Xycraft just updated to include these items, so I suppose this post did become a little redundant. On the off chance anyone is curious, the videos I am talking about could be found by Googling (Googleing?) "DireWolf20 SMP seaon 4."

The videos are of the "forgecraft" server, where the mod developers for most of the mods test/bugfix upcoming mods. The series focus isn't necessarily about showing off upcoming features, but if you watch the full season (up to its current point) there are some interesting spoilers that are shown, and considering what the server is, I think the information is reliable.

Also, yes, I did read the rules. I have been using wikis like this for ages, and I finally decided to help out, and I didn't want to mess this place up by adding in unwanted pages/content.

Finally, thanks for the helpful replies.

TheGamingWyvern

TheGamingWyvern

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Also, something did occur to me. How do I add this to the template for Xycraft navigation? Do I put in a new dropdown tab for upcoming features, or just through them in where they should fit and hope people listen/watch for the {{NYI}} template?

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
✓  Best Answer

It might make sense to add these blocks directly to the Xycraft nav. I would either add them in a separate column just for NYI items (like 'Blocks', 'Items', 'Other'), or have them in already existing columns (inside 'Blocks', 'Items', 'Other') as a separate sub-group (like the sub-group 'tools' here).

In addition to that, you could add a category like [[Category:Not Yet Implemented]] to each article to allow people to navigate NYI items from all mods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users