Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Disappearing bees

Best Answer TehRawrz , 26 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

That's already been covered:

Whoops  :o just reread; missed a line. I use chunkloaders on all of my setups spot loaders didn't work for me when I put a skeleton spawner in the nether. Also, some servers turn off chunkloading for that player when they're not online to avoid abuse.You may want to check that.

Go to the full post »

8 replies to this topic

4rticdemoN

4rticdemoN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • IGN:4rticdemoN
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Hello everyone!

I set up multiple automatic apiaries using an apiarist pipe, and some other pipes, and put a spot loader on the same chunk. I play on a server with some friends. My problem is, when i log back my princesses are gone. And i tested it with some forest bees, even the pristine ones disappear... We are playing on the direwolf20 1.0.14 pack.

Is it because of the buildcraft pipes? Or the spot loader doesn't load entities?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Some screenshots of your setup would be helpful here, specifically the pipes (as well as the configuration screen of the Apiarist's pipe). From what you describe it doesn't sound like this should be happening, unless you have a problem with your pipe setup that's causing bees to fall onto the ground.

Of course, another possibility is that someone else on the server is pranking you and taking your bees. :)

4rticdemoN

4rticdemoN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Sans_titre.png

That is my setup. Basic stuff. The pipes pointing at the chest are set to anything, the one at the apiary are set to any bees.
When i'm online it's working fine, it's just when i leave. And we are only 4 on the server so I know it's not a prank.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

Do the bees disappear from one apiary, or both? Are you sure the entire setup is within one chunk? (F9 lets you see chunk boundaries) Do you get combs in the chest while you're offline?

From what you described, everything looks like it should be alright. You could try putting down a Vacuum Hopper in case it is a problem with the pipes dumping things on the ground, but that doesn't seem likely with this setup. Hopefully someone with more experience with 1.6 bees will be along to help out.

4rticdemoN

4rticdemoN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

They disappear from both, and yeah I checked with F9. I get the combs when i'm offline. I'll try with a vaccum hopper, but yeah it's strange...

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
In newer versions of forestry there are two types of princesses. Ignoble have the chance to die out without giving back a princess. They arent suggested to be used in breeding just as bna or early honey production. Pristine princesses however will never die without giving a princess back. ~Rawrz

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

In newer versions of forestry there are two types of princesses. Ignoble have the chance to die out without giving back a princess. They arent suggested to be used in breeding just as bna or early honey production. Pristine princesses however will never die without giving a princess back. ~Rawrz

even the pristine ones disappear...

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
✓  Best Answer

Whoops  :o just reread; missed a line. I use chunkloaders on all of my setups spot loaders didn't work for me when I put a skeleton spawner in the nether. Also, some servers turn off chunkloading for that player when they're not online to avoid abuse.You may want to check that.

4rticdemoN

4rticdemoN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'll check with a chunkloader, then and report back. Thanks!

Edit: So, like TehRawrz said, it was a problem with the spot loader. I put a chunk loader and everything worked just fine. Thanks!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users