Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dirwolf20 Pack Sudden Bad Lag

direwolf20 lag world FPS sudden unexpected

7 replies to this topic

slim9820

slim9820

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:slim5678
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I've recently been experiencing a lot of lag on my FTB Direwolf20 World. At first, I realized I had an extreme Butterfly problem (TONS spawning) so i world-edited them out and edited the forestry configuration files so that less would spawn.

Well....to say the least...that did not help.

I'm still getting an annoying lag (Not like 2 FPS lag, more like 10 FPS, when I usually get around 30-35.)

I've searched all through my "base" to try and find the source (because it CAN't be the Butterflies) and i just can't seem to find the source! Is anyone else having this problem or know what I can do to Pinpoint the source?

I Play along with Direwolf20 in his Season 6 Let's Play, so my 'Base' looks a lot like his (Plus some) and has every machine and/or Build that he has (With a little extra I've added in my free time). I've yet to pinpoint the problem. Please Help!

P.S.

~I've posted a download link to the world so if you would like to see for yourself...go ahead.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

The Direwolf20 Pack has a nice mod included for troubleshooting problems like this: Opis. Depending on what version of the pack you're running, you have to use the command "/opis" or the command "/opis_start" (using the wrong one won't hurt anything, just try one and if it doesn't work, use the other). If "/opis_start" works, Dire has a good mod spotlight video showing how to use it. If "/opis" works, the interface is a lot friendlier to use. Hopefully, this will help you track down the problem.

• slim9820 likes this

slim9820

slim9820

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Unfortunately, I Discovered Opis (literally) just after i posted this forum and I can't seem to find anything out of the Ordinary. I did, however, notice that right in the center of my base (that one center chunk) is red. (Meaning a very high tick rate) so i may have to end up moving my base and spreading things out to equal out the Tick-Rate and what not.

Thank you so much for your help. If you come across anything else that could help me, I'll accept any advice at this point.

Thanks again. :D

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

How many different ages/dimensions do you have chunkloaded? Remember that Portal Gun portals will also load the chunk they are in, so if you happen to leave portals open in random exploration ages, you could be loading a lot of chunks. Using the "/chunkloaders" command helps you find out.

• hannoman and slim9820 like this

slim9820

slim9820

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

At the moment, i have 2 Chunk loaders activated. one in the Deep Dark and one in the Overworld. They've never caused any problems so i don't see why it would be an issue now. also, another thing i've noticed is when I:

A. Go to another Dimension or

B. Go about 100 blocks from my base,

I get back up to 30 FPS.

(sorry for the dealy)

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Unfortunately, I Discovered Opis (literally) just after i posted this forum and I can't seem to find anything out of the Ordinary. I did, however, notice that right in the center of my base (that one center chunk) is red. (Meaning a very high tick rate) so i may have to end up moving my base and spreading things out to equal out the Tick-Rate and what not.

Thank you so much for your help. If you come across anything else that could help me, I'll accept any advice at this point.

Thanks again. :D

I would just like to state that a very high tickrate is good.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

I would just like to state that a very high tickrate is good.

But red means high tick time, which is bad.

slim9820

slim9820

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Does anyone have any clue at what could be causing this lag?

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: direwolf20, lag, world, FPS, sudden, unexpected

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users