Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fatal Error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

mommamia123

mommamia123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I received a fatal error message on my game last night when my game crashed and now it gets stuck on loading when I try to restart my game.  I really don't want to have to start a new game again, is there any way to roll back and get my game back to where it was before the crash? I have included part of the log here. Hoping someone can help me... I'm lost here.

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000002943730, pid=4084, tid=2392
#
# JRE version: 7.0_11-b21
# Java VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (23.6-b04 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# J  java.util.HashMap.put(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.sun...eport/crash.jsp
#

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Could you provide some info on what you did right before the crash? Also is there a crash report inside your Minecraft folder that you can post?

Hippiecraft Community, since 2012.

Forum, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Planet Minecraft, Steam, Website

Contact us by e-mail: mail@hippiecraft.net | Support: support@hippiecraft.net

mommamia123

mommamia123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I was in the nether when it crashed, and I noticed my game was really lagging so I was headed to the portal to leave the nether when it just crashed.  What I posted already is the only "crash report" I can find.  While in game the console ( I think that's what it's called ) said "wrong location". 

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

It sounds like something caused your player.dat file to go corrupt if the console says wrong location, backup your player.dat file (replace 'player' with your ingame nick) from the saves folder on your server, then delete it to reset your character and try to start it up and see if that helped.

If this worked, then you should get an NBT editor and change your location manually, it is stored in the player.dat file (assuming the file is not corrupted)

mommamia123

mommamia123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I tried your suggested fix and it didn't work :(

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Hmm, I googled your error and most of the results was related to memory issues, try to increase the allocated RAM that Minecraft can use, this is editable in the FTB launcher under Options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users