Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Haste boots nonfunctional

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

flipwalker

flipwalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack
My wife and I play on a mindcrack server. I put haste on my long fall boots and was enjoying the faster movement so I put haste on a pair of boots for my wife. Unfortunately they didn't function.

The server admin tried deleting her char file on the server but that didn't help. Now my haste boots have also stopped functioning. I noticed this shortly after dieing in the twilight forest. Everyone else on the server seems to have functional haste enchantments. We've tried enchanting new boots but those didn't work either.

Any recommendations on what else we can try?

Thank you, philip

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

You could try thaumcraft boots of the traveler, but they dont make you immune to fall damage. They increase walking speed and let you go up one block inclines without jumping. 

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

flipwalker

flipwalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
True, and while this is an option it still leaves the question of why haste is nonfunctional for us. While I might go that route(I've considered it and they are very nice) I hate not knowing what's going on. :)

Philip

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I have never encountered this before. I would try enchanting the haste boots and let someone else on the server use those same boots so you know whether the boots are the problem. Also, try getting two pairs of the boots and racing another member of the server to see whether thy move faster.

flipwalker

flipwalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yeah, tried trading boots and it works for them, just not me. :-( it's seriously weird.

Philip

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hmmmmm. Well, in that case I cannot help you. Do haste boots work for you in single player worlds?

flipwalker

flipwalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes they work in single player, and to make things weirder mine just started working again but my wife's still don't... So confused at this point...

Philip

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Yes they work in single player, and to make things weirder mine just started working again but my wife's still don't... So confused at this point...

Philip

That is so weird. Well, if I were in this situation, I would continue to use then as usual, and be happy when they ocassionally work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users