Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

This wiki is hard to find

3 replies to this topic

CheatCat

CheatCat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Seaching using the word "Feed the beast" or "Feed the beast wiki" on the internet does not show this site anywhere on the results. You might consider to make this site more visible.

However "ftb wiki" will list the site. Maybe something is up with the search tags?

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Seaching using the word "Feed the beast" or "Feed the beast wiki" on the internet does not show this site anywhere on the results. You might consider to make this site more visible.

However "ftb wiki" will list the site. Maybe something is up with the search tags?

This is something we can't help unfortunately, I've been doing everything I can think of to make the wiki easier to find, but due to the fact that Wikia is hosting the content we originally produced against our wishes, we have to compete with them, which is very hard considering that Wikia's pagerank is determined not only by the visits to the wiki, but also the visits to Wikia as a whole.

• Artsja likes this

rubysown

rubysown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

This is something we can't help unfortunately, I've been doing everything I can think of to make the wiki easier to find, but due to the fact that Wikia is hosting the content we originally produced against our wishes, we have to compete with them, which is very hard considering that Wikia's pagerank is determined not only by the visits to the wiki, but also the visits to Wikia as a whole.

RZR0, maybe purchasing an additional domain would help with things. I'd be willing to either purchase this domain and hand it over to you or if you have a donation system I'd be willing to send you some money. Possibly "feed-the-beast-wiki.com" or something of the sorts would help the SEO?

rubysown

----------------

Check me out on: YouTube - Twitch - Twitter - Wiki Contributions

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack
We already own several domains, but that doesn't really help with SEO. At the moment I'm aiming to improv the site's performance on some pages, by hopefully replacing the images in navigation boxes by css spites. By improving the site's performance, we should also rise in the search engine ranking.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users