Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Redstone energy pipe provides infinite energy out of nowhere. (thermal expansion)

Best Answer timrem , 04 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

Is it actually infinite, or is the conduit just emptying its internal buffer after you detach it from the power source?

Go to the full post »

2 replies to this topic

Unknnnnn

Unknnnnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • IGN:Unknnnnn
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

What's up with that? I'm using Monster pack and if I attach a redstone energy conduit to any machine - it supplies about 10000 rf/t power regardless of being attached to the power source.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack
✓  Best Answer

Is it actually infinite, or is the conduit just emptying its internal buffer after you detach it from the power source?

Unknnnnn

Unknnnnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • IGN:Unknnnnn
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Yeah, it only does so when I detach it and the cable is left on its own. I was under impression there is no such thing as internal buffer for energy conduits.

How much energy can one block of redstone energy conduit store anyway? I charged up several pulverizers with it from 0 to full 48k while testing, but back then I didn't think to try anything bigger as I thought the idea that redstone energy conduits store energy is simply ridiculous.

Ps Going to try attaching an empty resonant energy cell to an detached cable and see what happens.

Update:

Just tested it and indeed it does have internal energy storage enough to charge several pulverizers. Its around 100k rf.

• ZL123 likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users