Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thaumic Bees List Template

template changes

5 replies to this topic

koriar

koriar

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Hello,

The names of the propolis on the Thaumic Bees list are wrong. (Or at least, don't match what is now in the Mindcrack pack)

I believe I would edit this page to correct them:

http://ftbwiki.org/Template:Tb-nav

However I'm not terribly experienced in wiki editing, and when I tried to make the changes, all of the images next to the items disappeared.

The names should be changed as so:

Air Propolis should be Breezey Propolis

Firey Propolis should be Burning Propolis

Watery Propolis should be Flowing Propolis

Earthen Propolis should be Stony Propolis

This can be confirmed by looking up the word propolis in NEI.

Would it be possible for someone to please either make these modifications or tell me how to do so without losing the images?

-Koriar

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hey there! Thanks for the notification, the names must have changed in a more recent version.

The images disappeared because the code automatically looks for a file with the same name and adds that next to the link. So if you change the name, it will look for a file with that new name, which was not yet available in the case of the new Propolis names you tried to add. I updated image files now so that they will show up correctly.

Since regular members are not able to move files ((frequent Contributors can though)), there is a syntax that allows you to manually define the image, which will simply look like this:

{{NavItem|Breezey Propolis|Grid Air Propolis.png}}

Where "Breezey Propolis" is the item name while "Grid Air Propolis.png" is the custom file name. ((These files should always have "Grid" as prefix.))

~Artsja

koriar

koriar

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ahh, I gotcha. Thanks!

koriar

koriar

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Actually, one more question.

The Flowing Propolis actually has a different image than the watery propolis. The color is a bit darker.

How would I go about getting the correct picture? Is that something that I would want to grab from data files or just grabbing a screenshot and scaling it as appropriate?

For that matter how would I upload it once I've gotten the image?

-Koriar

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I just grab a screenshot from the game, but you could probably do the exact same thing using data files. My GUI in the game is set to Normal which automatically shows the items as 32x32, but if you scale a smaller image up you can get the same results as long as you use the "nearest neighbor" setting for scaling.

If you make a grid picture, make sure the item is centered the same way it is in the game and that the file is exactly 32x32 in size.

Under "Toolbox" in the top bar you will find the Upload file page. You can also go to Special:MultipleUpload if you want to upload multiple files at once.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Since regular members are not able to move files ((frequent Contributors can though)), there is a syntax that allows you to manually define the image, which will simply look like this:

{{NavItem|Breezey Propolis|Grid Air Propolis.png}}
Where "Breezey Propolis" is the item name while "Grid Air Propolis.png" is the custom file name. ((These files should always have "Grid" as prefix.))

~Artsja

Or if it is wrong you can always request it be fixed.
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users