Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Old World to New Pack

Best Answer ZL123 , 06 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

I think some blocks might transform into others. I'm not sure.
Once I opened a test FTB world on MCEdit and my solar arrays turned into beacons, cable turned into pumpkins, pipes turned into grass and machines into cobwebs. The world was fine though.
I'm not sure what would happen in this situation, though.

EDIT: I just tested this: I made a superflat world, put down some IndustrialCraft blocks down (also a stirling engine and a gravel block just as control blocks), moved the world to the Magic World pack, and (this was quite surprising to me) they just disappeared. They became air blocks. Hope this helps! Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Since different packs have different mods, worlds from one pack may not be compatible with another. That I know.

The question is though, what actually does happen when I try to use these worlds? Does the save simply not work, or does forge have some godly power to fix everything? And if so, what happens?

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack
✓  Best Answer
Once I opened a test FTB world on MCEdit and my solar arrays turned into beacons, cable turned into pumpkins, pipes turned into grass and machines into cobwebs. The world was fine though.

EDIT: I just tested this: I made a superflat world, put down some IndustrialCraft blocks down (also a stirling engine and a gravel block just as control blocks), moved the world to the Magic World pack, and (this was quite surprising to me) they just disappeared. They became air blocks. Hope this helps!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

EDIT: I just tested this: I made a superflat world, put down some IndustrialCraft blocks down (also a stirling engine and a gravel block just as control blocks), moved the world to the Magic World pack, and (this was quite surprising to me) they just disappeared. They became air blocks. Hope this helps!

Yea, that's kind of what I figured would happen. The only reason that Mcedit uses weird textures is because it only knows the code for vanilla blocks, and doesn't have a texture for modded items. Since it doesn't have them, it just substitutes them for what you are seeing. It does know something's there, though, so it shows it as such. In the case for the world, according to what you are saying, it is similar. Instead of substituting the texture, it just deletes the block, since otherwise would most likely crash the game. Good to know, and thanks!

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

NJM1564

NJM1564

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

The current live version 0.1.6 of MCEddit will always mess up non vanilla blocks. However the upcoming version 0.1.7 version can handle the added blocks. You can get the somewhat buggy developer version now. It should be fine to use for simple cut and paste jobs. Anything else and you take a risk.

• streak1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users