Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Modded minecraft Performance question

No replies to this topic

Unknnnnn

Unknnnnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • IGN:Unknnnnn
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

I occasionally find myself thinking about whether my computer can handle a new project (like a massive automated monster farm).

I was wondering, do people here ever pay for servers that already have massive amounts of ram memory and fast cpus to play modded minecraft with improved performance?

Or should I even bother worrying about my pc? I can never tell what kind of pc the modpack expects you to have. I had occasional lag spikes (fps related mostly) that last for hours and are specific to certain locations (whenever I visit my underwater glass dome farms for example). But then they just disappear after 5 hours or so? Does minecraft autocorrect them or what's up with that?

Also when I made my monster farms in a monster modpack on a previous playthrough - I ended up having some weird lag where - whenever I broke a block it would reappear and if I hit a mob - it would only register damage like 20 seconds later. My efficiency 5 quarry was mining only 1 block per second as opposed to 15-25 per second. But then again, after a few hours - the lags vanished. And the monster farms and quarries worked perfectly well.

Anyone knows what's up with that?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users