Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cant load modpacks

Best Answer ViperSRT3g , 26 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

If you can download them from the other computer, you can copy the files over to this problematic one. The files are all located in your %APPDATA% folder. Look for the \ftblauncher folder for the launcher. Then you can download the modpacks, and copy them from the folder you specified for them to download in. Just place them in the same place as they are located on the working computer. Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

dhb99

dhb99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

When i started up the FTB launcher nothing loaded the modpacks werent showing the news wasnt in the launcher, absolutly nothing loaded so i went to the console and found this, I have no idea what it means.

Attached File  Console.txt   732bytes   611 downloads

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
By any chance are you running the launcher behind a firewall?
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

dhb99

dhb99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

By any chance are you running the launcher behind a firewall?

ive tried turning off the firewall several times but it doesnt help, ill give it another try to see if it makes any difference this time

dhb99

dhb99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

well i tried disabling all of my computers firewalls but it still gives me the same error

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
Have you attempted to run the launcher as an administrator? And do you have another computer to test it out on your LAN?
banner-13472.png
banner-25377.png

dhb99

dhb99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Have you attempted to run the launcher as an administrator? And do you have another computer to test it out on your LAN?

yes i have ran it as administrator but i dont understand what you mean by test it out on my LAN

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
If you can run the launcher and download everything just fine from another computer on your LAN, then the problem would be confined to the one computer. If even that computer ran into the same problems, then it would easily be diagnosed as an ISP/Router issue.
banner-13472.png
banner-25377.png

dhb99

dhb99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
well i just tried doing FTB through LAN and it worked on a different computer, is there maybe something else that could be causing the problem?

I have finaly found a fix for this problem, i right clicked the FTB launcher and then clicked the trouble shoot compatibilty button and it fixed itself

alright forget what i said about a fix, i now get a error popup window that says "Error ocurred during downloading the game" whenever i hit the launch button

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
Well now that you've successfully run the launcher on another computer, it's safe to say this is a problem confined to this computer. Do you have any special software on this computer that could be potentially blocking access to websites? It just doesn't seem like it's connecting to the server where the files for the modpacks are hosted on.
banner-13472.png
banner-25377.png

dhb99

dhb99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

i have norton it is the only antivirus i have

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
If the other computer you tested the launcher on not have it, try disabling it while attempting to run the launcher to see if it's the cause of the problems. Remember to enable it again afterwards.
banner-13472.png
banner-25377.png

dhb99

dhb99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

the other computer does have norton on it and it was on when i used the launcher

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
Then I am not sure what might be the cause of your problems on that computer.
banner-13472.png
banner-25377.png

dhb99

dhb99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

we

Then I am not sure what might be the cause of your problems on that computer.

well thank you for the help, but one question is there a way to manualy download the modpacks?

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
✓  Best Answer
If you can download them from the other computer, you can copy the files over to this problematic one. The files are all located in your %APPDATA% folder. Look for the \ftblauncher folder for the launcher. Then you can download the modpacks, and copy them from the folder you specified for them to download in. Just place them in the same place as they are located on the working computer.
banner-13472.png
banner-25377.png

dhb99

dhb99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

thank you so much for the help its finaly working!

• ViperSRT3g likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users