Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Installing/.minecraft

installing installation minecraft .minecraft .jar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

fiyerfli

fiyerfli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I am new to ftb and was wondering, when I install it will it, create a separate minecraft like the Technic launcher, or will it modify my current .minecraft

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

The Feed the Beast Launcher creates a separate install directory from your original .minecraft directory. I believe that this defaults to the directory the launcher is located in; for example, if your FTB Launcher was located on your desktop, then all the files for FTB would also be created on your desktop. It can be changed, however, by using the Settings tab, to another location (e.g. %APPDATA%/Roaming/.feedthebeast, similar to how vanilla Minecraft's directory is laid out.)

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Yes, the FTB Launcher will not overwrite/do anything with/use anything in your .minecraft folder, so you don't need to worry. :P

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

fiyerfli

fiyerfli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

thanks for your help

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: installing, installation, minecraft, .minecraft, .jar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users