Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Tinker's Construct] How can I disable smelting Villagers and Iron Golems in the smeltery?

6 replies to this topic

iRCinfinity

iRCinfinity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:iRCinfinity
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

For balance concerns on my server.

This is my generic TiC config: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=GbvDrcyH

I don't see anything in there regarding Villagers or Iron Golems. Upon some research I happened upon a different config file with the option B:"Allow villagers to be melted down into emerald": true. However, mine doesn't have that option. I tried adding it in and changing it to false and it didn't do anything.

So, any ideas?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

What pack/version are you running? It may be that Tinkers' didn't have that option in the version you're running. If that's the case, I can't think of an easy way to disable villager smelting without updating the mod.

Another option would be to make it a server rule: If you're caught with villagers in a smeltery, you're banned.

iRCinfinity

iRCinfinity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

1.7.10 Crack Pack. The jar file says TCONSTRUCT-1.7.10-1.8.1S.jar. I know it runs on 1.7.10 but I'm unsure if/what the build number is.

As far as you know, does the newer versions of TiC allow disabling that? Also would I be able to update the TiC mod without any issues? I'll go look at the possible build numbers and see if I can find any corresponding configs with them. I doubt I'll find much though.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

You're running build 1.8.1S of Tinkers'. I know that build 1.8.4a, as used in the latest Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack, has the config option for villagers (though I don't know if it applies to Iron Golems as well).

If you update Tinkers' Construct, you'll probably also need to update any related mods you may have, such as Iguana Tweaks, Tinkers' Mechworks, etc (I don't have the list of mods from your pack in front of me). It'll be easiest to update your client first, to see what if anything fails. If the latest Tinkers' requires a newer version of Forge, however, your chances of problems with updating will be much greater.

Also keep in mind that anyone who joins your server will likewise need to update their client mods in the same way. If you're running a small server for friends this usually isn't a problem, but if you have a public server you generally want to pick a modpack and stick with what it has.

iRCinfinity

iRCinfinity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hmm I see. Then let me ask this instead:

Is there a way to disable the smeltery damaging mobs? This would disable blood and pig iron, yes, but it would also disable the villager and golem problem. I know the smeltery sometimes bugs out and doesn't damage mobs, so it's possible. I just don't know if there is a way to do this via the config. I read something that said disabling items being thrown in the smeltery prevented mobs from putting blood into the smeltery but I'm not sure if that's accurate nor do I know if it also prevents emeralds and iron or not.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

I looked through the Tinkers' config for such an option when I first saw your question, and didn't see anything that looked relevant. You could test if "Items can be thrown into smelteries" prevents mob damage, but I agree that it sounds unlikely.

I can't think of any suggestions other than what's already been said, maybe someone else here will think of something and chime in.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

I looked through the Tinkers' config for such an option when I first saw your question, and didn't see anything that looked relevant. You could test if "Items can be thrown into smelteries" prevents mob damage, but I agree that it sounds unlikely.

I can't think of any suggestions other than what's already been said, maybe someone else here will think of something and chime in.

Perhaps there is something with the blood? Blood happens when animals are damaged.

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users