Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bees

2 replies to this topic

Talwin_silverhawk

Talwin_silverhawk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • IGN:Talwin
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack
Is there a good new chart for breeding, that includes magic bees. Is there a way to "trick" bees into thinking they are in the right biome?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I'm not sure which NEI extension does so (probably NEI Addons), but with it you can look up the breeding combinations for bees right in-game in NEI. The most accurate information for your version of the mods will also be found in the Master Apiarist Database. You can only get it by cheating one in. As for an online resource for bee breeding, I'm not aware of any good ones, though someone else might chime in with some nice links.

As for tricking bees: an Alveary can have certain blocks that adjust the effective temperature/humidity for a bee, but that requires doing quite a bit of bee breeding before you get to that point. Gendustry is a great mod for bees because of the Industrial Apiary, specifically for the Automation and Biome Emulation upgrades. Otherwise, you could use Extra Bees' Acclimatiser to make the bees tolerant of the biome you place them in.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Yeah we used to have a bee navbox but the bees just kept changing every week that that was given up on, I THINK though that that has stabilized nowadays...

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users