Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What is your favorite autocrafting machine?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I've only ever used the buildcraft automatic crafting table, but I see there are a few such devices now. Are any particularly better than the others and why?

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I think the Fabricators from XyCraft are pretty epic. They aren't hard at all to make, and they work great as an autocrafting table, or as a regular one for everything else. A way you could describe them is that they function exactly like a BC Autocrafting Table, but are a ton faster (1-2 items crafted per tick) and they have inventory.

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I think the Fabricators from XyCraft are pretty epic. They aren't hard at all to make, and they work great as an autocrafting table, or as a regular one for everything else. A way you could describe them is that they function exactly like a BC Autocrafting Table, but are a ton faster (1-2 items crafted per tick) and they have inventory.

Yeah, I tried them out today, definitely pretty cool! I've been pretty impressed with all the Xycraft blocks now that they do stuff. :P

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Yeah, I tried them out today, definitely pretty cool! I've been pretty impressed with all the Xycraft blocks now that they do stuff. :P

Another thing about them that I forgot to add is that they share the inventory of the things around them. I'm not sure if it applys to things like dispensers or relays, but if you place a chest next to it and put items into it, the fabricator will pull out the items it needs from the chest. It will also do this to adjacent fabricators, so you can use this to make pipe-less autocrafters.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they can be a bit too powerful at times. There have been plenty of times where I have made a ton more of something than I needed on accident, and I also tend to make a ton of nuggets when I change recipes. I realize that there are redstone controls, but sometimes there is just no room to put a lever. I suppose that's where the Project Tables come in handy, though, since you can be a lot more "precise" with them.

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Another thing about them that I forgot to add is that they share the inventory of the things around them. I'm not sure if it applys to things like dispensers or relays, but if you place a chest next to it and put items into it, the fabricator will pull out the items it needs from the chest. It will also do this to adjacent fabricators, so you can use this to make pipe-less autocrafters.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they can be a bit too powerful at times. There have been plenty of times where I have made a ton more of something than I needed on accident, and I also tend to make a ton of nuggets when I change recipes. I realize that there are redstone controls, but sometimes there is just no room to put a lever. I suppose that's where the Project Tables come in handy, though, since you can be a lot more "precise" with them.

BC Autocrafting Tables can use items from adjacent inventories.

When I played Tekkit (a while ago) there were these Autocrafting Table IIs. They were extremely buggy, but they had an inventory. I think they might have been from RedPower.

I noticed that there's this Electric Autocraftingtable. Looks unnecessarily not inexpensive though.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Immot

Immot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I like project tables because they have an inventory which you can store stuff in. I generally leave stuff like a minium stone in it and it can also do auto crafting.

And they are cheap.

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I'm becoming a fan of the new Workbench things in the 1.5.2 private/public pack. They have an inventory, and they remember the last 8 recipes crafted (which you can lock individual recipes so they don't get overwritten). The crafting interface using ghost images, which can be nice or obnoxious - but usually I just keep a regular crafting table next to it if I want to use a normal real-item crafting interface.

I don't know if they can auto-craft, though.

Note, in 1.5.2, since there's no RP2, there's no Project Table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users