Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iridium

Best Answer digitallyApocalyptic , 31 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Iridium is VERY rare. I believe it spawns one piece per three chunks. I have only found one, ever. The best way to get it is quarries or UU matter. Quarries are slower, but they get other stuff. UU matter is faster, but it takes a lot of power and scrap. It is obtained using a matter fabricator, and then crafted in an 

____

|

_ |__   shape to yield iridium.

Iridium spawns, on average, one block every five chunks in block form. The block is added by GregTech. In normal IndustrialCraft, Iridium Ore cannot be found in block form and must be crafted from UU-Matter, as described above.

Iridium can be found mostly by:

1) Putting Platinum Dust in an Industrial Centrifuge, which yields 1/9 of an Iridium Ingot per dust

2) Putting Sheldonite Ore (found in the End; yellowish colored, fairly rare and mainly found in asteroids floating in the End) or Iridium Ore (very, very, very rarely in the overworld) in an Industrial Grinder; produces, respectively, Platinum Dust/Iridium Nugget(s) and Iridium Ore (item)/Platinum Dust

3) Making Iridium from UU-Matter. This yields one ore item per 7 UU-Matter. It is important to note that a Matter Fabricator takes a lot of energy to produce matter (16,666,666) and requires, in and of itself, a bare minimum of one Iridium Plate in its recipe. It also requires a supply of Scrap or other materials to make UU-matter from.

Iridium is very rare and meant to be acquired very slowly and painfully when using GregTech. This makes quantum armor a near impossibility at worst or an impractical use of Iridium at best. There is no fantastic/good/efficient way of acquiring Iridium. Platinum, Ferrous Ore, Sheldonite; these are your best possibilities. Even a Matter Fabricator is difficult to use. Don't even bother thinking about getting Iridium the Fusion Reactor way, as a Fusion Reactor has a very high entry cost of Iridium Plates, Chrome and Titanium and a very high energy maintenance cost.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Surviver365

Surviver365

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I am new to Feed The Beast, I started a month ago. I may be new but I thought I would have found iridium ore by now. Why have I not found any iridium and what is the best way to find iridium. Any help ful advice you be much appreciated.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Iridium is VERY rare. I believe it spawns one piece per three chunks. I have only found one, ever. The best way to get it is quarries or UU matter. Quarries are slower, but they get other stuff. UU matter is faster, but it takes a lot of power and scrap. It is obtained using a matter fabricator, and then crafted in an 

____

|

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
✓  Best Answer

____

|

Iridium spawns, on average, one block every five chunks in block form. The block is added by GregTech. In normal IndustrialCraft, Iridium Ore cannot be found in block form and must be crafted from UU-Matter, as described above.

Iridium can be found mostly by:

1) Putting Platinum Dust in an Industrial Centrifuge, which yields 1/9 of an Iridium Ingot per dust

2) Putting Sheldonite Ore (found in the End; yellowish colored, fairly rare and mainly found in asteroids floating in the End) or Iridium Ore (very, very, very rarely in the overworld) in an Industrial Grinder; produces, respectively, Platinum Dust/Iridium Nugget(s) and Iridium Ore (item)/Platinum Dust

3) Making Iridium from UU-Matter. This yields one ore item per 7 UU-Matter. It is important to note that a Matter Fabricator takes a lot of energy to produce matter (16,666,666) and requires, in and of itself, a bare minimum of one Iridium Plate in its recipe. It also requires a supply of Scrap or other materials to make UU-matter from.

Iridium is very rare and meant to be acquired very slowly and painfully when using GregTech. This makes quantum armor a near impossibility at worst or an impractical use of Iridium at best. There is no fantastic/good/efficient way of acquiring Iridium. Platinum, Ferrous Ore, Sheldonite; these are your best possibilities. Even a Matter Fabricator is difficult to use. Don't even bother thinking about getting Iridium the Fusion Reactor way, as a Fusion Reactor has a very high entry cost of Iridium Plates, Chrome and Titanium and a very high energy maintenance cost.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Surviver365

Surviver365

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Thanks that is a big help. I guess I, for now will stick with lower level armor. Iridium seems extreamly hard to make/get.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Thanks that is a big help. I guess I, for now will stick with lower level armor. Iridium seems extreamly hard to make/get.

I would suggest getting a full set of upgraded Power Armor. It mainly costs iron and gold, and usage of a minium stone helps.. It takes a lot of the two, but once finished with a tinkertable, and energy shield armor, you are extremely hard to kill and very maneuverable.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

Surviver365

Surviver365

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
I don't understand how to install things in to my armor and I can't find any recipes for the batteries. Help would be much appreciated.

Never mind I figured it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users