Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Average Chance of Not Getting Any Copper Ore In A Chunk?

Best Answer ZL123 , 02 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

I'm sure that in most FTB packs, quite certainly MindCrack and Ultimate, the IndustrialCraft, RedPower and Forestry Coppers are disabled, and only Thermal Expansion Copper can be found. I haven't made a Quarry in either of those packs yet, and I've only been doing caving on Ultimate and branching on MindCrack.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

guest00

guest00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

*I am using the newest Mindcrack pack, which has Forestry and Industrial craft installed, this applies to the question.*

I'm asking this question because my quarry, (16 x 16, starting at y = 63), gave me 4 copper ore.  With this, it made me question the following: what is the chances of not getting any copper ore in a chunk, where y = 63?  I know layers copper spawns in, but don't feel like doing the math.  Similar questions to this involving something like diamond and iridium is asked often, I'm sure.  However, with a common ore such as copper, such a question may come out odd indeed.  

I would think that copper ore rarity is similar to that of iron, but with  slightly more rarity.  

Note: I have plenty of copper myself, so this question is purely hypothetical.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack
✓  Best Answer

I'm sure that in most FTB packs, quite certainly MindCrack and Ultimate, the IndustrialCraft, RedPower and Forestry Coppers are disabled, and only Thermal Expansion Copper can be found. I haven't made a Quarry in either of those packs yet, and I've only been doing caving on Ultimate and branching on MindCrack.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Firehawk

Firehawk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

In direwolf20 there is 3 types of copper dont now what type

0 user(s) are reading this topic