Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Voted Featured Article markers

11 replies to this topic

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

So I think a marker is in order to denote an article as having been Featured at one time, the articles currently awaiting future marking due to previous Featurings are:

All it would be is a tiny little symbol somewhere maybe on the top right corner, probably the favicon image would work best. Thoughts?

• ZER0-0 likes this
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Could these pages be put in categories for featured articles/videos/mods?

That way you could see all the articles, mods, and videos that have been featured by searching the category.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

Embri

Embri

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Sounds good to me, maybe a simple little header template with a Nether Star icon or something, saying this article was Featured?

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
Yes, essentially I was going to do exactly what I do at other wikis, but you want them to be separated by just what they were featured for while I usually just have them all piled up into one Featured category... hmmm... I do like the separation idea...<br /><br />Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
player.me/felinoel

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Yes, one for Featured Articles, one for Featured Videos and one for Mods, since they're already grouped that way.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Yes, essentially I was going to do exactly what I do at other wikis, but you want them to be separated by just what they were featured for while I usually just have them all piled up into one Featured category... hmmm... I do like the separation idea...<br /><br />Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Yes, definitely separated

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
I was thinking of just using this image

favicon.png

But since we are separating them I can overlay an A for articles and an M for mods and a V for videos.
  • ViperSRT3g likes this
player.me/felinoel

Embri

Embri

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

the FTB logo seems appropriate, don't know if it needs added letters though.  Odds are people will know what type of page they're on already?  Or would different icons be necessary to link to the different lists?  

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

the
FTB logo seems appropriate, don't know if it needs added letters
though.  Odds are people will know what type of page they're on already?
 Or would different icons be necessary to link to the different lists?

Well a Featured Video's article would essentially be the regular article itself.

EDIT:
Ok so I've applied it to the articles that have so far been featured, see them all here.

Thoughts on the current design? I am open to changes.

• ViperSRT3g and ZL123 like this
player.me/felinoel

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I think it would look better if the Featured logo appeared in the bar next to view/edit/history rather than in the space of the article. As it is now, it looks out of place when previewing edits. Plus, it's not really relevant to the topic of the article, but to the wiki page itself. If you look at {{FA}} and change it to have 'top:-33px;', you'll see what I'm suggesting.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I think it would look better if the Featured logo appeared in the bar next to view/edit/history rather than in the space of the article. As it is now, it looks out of place when previewing edits. Plus, it's not really relevant to the topic of the article, but to the wiki page itself. If you look at {{FA}} and change it to have 'top:-33px;', you'll see what I'm suggesting.

That falls outside of the content area and would require a change to every theme at best. It's best to keep it inside of the content area.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

That falls outside of the content area and would require a change to every theme at best. It's best to keep it inside of the content area.

Plus, the general user doesn't preview edits, this image is there for the general user.
Having it rest on the right side of the infobox header is aesthetic, to make it look nice for the general user.

Those users who are previewing edits are the more dedicated users, the ones who are not there for the aesthetics but for the content as well as for policing the wiki and therefore how it looks for them is not too important because they don't care about that as much as the general user.

...unless you are talking about the Steam Boiler page which does not have an infobox because it still needs to be cleaned up.

EDIT:
Huh... for some reason someone removed the cleanup tag on that page... ehh I can add the infobox myself then.

player.me/felinoel

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users